goodbye my love - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-04-2013, 11:30 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

goodbye my love

I recently lost my cream colored Mouse, sable. She was way too young to pass away just shy of a year.she started having issues a little while back and I honestly think she had a stroke because she was walking at a weird angle towards her left side. Her body was arched in the shape of the letter C. I am Not sure if she had a stroke or if she had some howbroken her back but she lived like that for a while. My vet said as long as she was eating and drinking and going to the bathroom that they felt I should not put her down.well she would get around and she would actually eat and drink she would twirl in circles sometimes. And she even started pulling out some of her hair making her skin irritated. I looked her over and never once ssaw a mite or bug of any.sort I miss her so much, I loved her dearly.

what do you guys think caused this issue with her back...and then twirling in circles and hair pulling?

I did have all for my mice house togetherbut I separated sable and Nakotahbecause they always stayed together but I also noticed that nakotahwas also pulling her hair out and still is. I know she is also said she looks as if she has a tumor growing, but she is healthy other than the missing hair and irritated skin an obvious tumor. She eats and drinks perfectly fine but no longer runs on the wheel so I just took the wheel out because it was in her way

Raina and Esme we're also originally house with the other two,but says they seem very healthy I didn't want them all together anymore. Now since Sable passed.away I feel very guilty because Nakotah is now alone in the other cage. Should I put her back with Raina and Esme?

I I am sorry for the long post but I really don't know what to do right now

My animals are my babies:
Cats: Abegale, Figaro, Chud and Adalynn
Ferrets: Panda & Fox
Mice: Nakotah, Raina and Esme (all white)
Rats: Ava (white&gray) and Isabel *new addition* Opal and Zuri (part siamese)
My Parents Cats (I love them like they are my own): Cutie, Grey, Precious, Milo, Belindo (aka Billy), Oreo, Pepper, Koda and Fluffers

Rest in Peace all my babies I miss you dearly:
Mice: Sable (March 2013), Piper (March 2012), Kayleigh (Dec 31, 2011), Eleanor, Analeghsia, Chloe and Zoey.
My Kitties I grew up with: Babs, Gonzo. Moon and Angel
My kitties who never came back home: Peach and Buster
I miss you all, you will forever hold a place in my Heart <3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-04-2013, 11:31 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Love you Sable, you will always have a piece of my heart <3

My Parents Cats (I love them like they are my own): Cutie, Grey, Precious, Milo, Belindo (aka Billy), Oreo, Pepper, Koda and Fluffers

Mice: Sable (March 2013), Piper (March 2012), Kayleigh (Dec 31, 2011), Eleanor, Analeghsia, Chloe and Zoey.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-04-2013, 11:35 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

I am sorry I just realized I have many spelling errors.and messed up sentences in my main post. My phone decided to capitalize random words and combine words I should have checked it over before posting.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-05-2013, 10:47 AM
Adolescent Pup

I'm so sorry to hear about Sables' passing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Where all pets are special!!
(New members welcome and always appreciated!)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pop in and give us a look, and if you like what you see, we'd love to have you join our wonderful community
!!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-06-2013, 05:02 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Thank you so much

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2013, 02:03 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Summerclara,
I am SO sorry about Sable.

I know how hard it is to lose one of your babies and I know Sable was so special. Just know that we all understand how hard this loss is for you.

As for your question about what to do about Nakotah, well, that is probably the type of decision that you would know best about, and if you can decide how to proceed based on what you think would be the happiest situation for Nakotah, then you will make the best decision.

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Play Strong and be at Peace

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

You will always be with me, my sweet boys. I will see you at the Bridge.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-11-2013, 11:05 AM
Official Loofah Tester

I'm so upset for you Summer. I really wish I could give you some insight on what could have been wrong with her, but I just don't know.

I hope you're doing better this week. And I'm sending little scritches to Sable in the Land of New Feetsies.

Hanging out in the Land of New Feetsies:
Melon, Skinner, Black Pete, Zanna, Custard, Tucker, Jeffrey, Zmei, and Windham.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-12-2013, 07:25 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Thank you so much Vlad and Story, I really appreciate it. you guys are always so wonderful. I miss my little lady very much and I fear that Nakotah will be leaving me soon also. She looks as if she starting to go blind in her right eye and has started pulling out more fur. It definitely looks as if she may have a tumor growing in her belly region. I am so sad. But she is still living normal, eating and drinking. She just can no longer really run on her wheel...and she really never bothers to try, so I removed it from her cage.

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-12-2013, 07:47 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Oh, I am so sorry about poor Nakotah, Summerclara.

I know that the very best you can do for her is to love her, keep her safe and warm and as happy as you can make her. No animal or person could ever ask for more than to just be loved and comforted and to feel safe and cozy. I know you are doing the best you can for her. Give her my love....

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-12-2013, 07:59 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

I will let Nakotah know you are sending her love. she will be so happy

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-12-2013, 08:17 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Wonderful!! Kisses to you, sweet Nakotah.

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

Tags
sick mouse