Goodbye Pandora - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-12-2011, 02:51 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Goodbye Pandora

I let pandora go this afternoon. The lump that I thought might have been a cist was looking more and more like a tumor and she was losing alot of weight to quickly, she was still eating but it was like she was feeding the tumor not herself. I'm never here and I couldn't ever afford to take her to the vet so...i did what I had to do. She ran off into the bush and I said goodbye.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pita my blue female rat with Pandora, my champagne hoody.

R.I.P Pita - 11.06.2010 at the age of just over a year (a year the feb gone since I bought them, she was at least a month old when I got her)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-12-2011, 06:35 AM
she-mayor of Whoville

I hope the remainder of her life is filled with joy and wonder.

Don't forget my youtube channel: fuzzypixie16
And add me on photobucket: tinypixiexoxo

"A person's a person, no matter how small" - Horton hears a Who

Boo the

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Izzie the
Panda Bear the dwarf
Smee the dwarf
Sadi the syrian

R.I.P. Jigglypuff the dwarf
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-12-2011, 08:55 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

I'm sorry...did you actually abandon your rat outside? I thought it seemed like you had taken her to get her put to sleep, which would be the humane thing to do, but you said you let her go in the wild?? I normally wouldn't react this way to things people post, but I can't even believe that this just happened!!!! This is a PET rat who is very sick! Did you think you were making her life easier by letting her go? She will be suffering tremendously now! Probably some predator will eat her! I just can't even believe this. There is absolutely NO excuse for not doing the right thing for her and taking her to the vet. None whatsoever. When you have a pet, you need to be responsible for that animal--that includes being financially responsible. If this is the way you treat your sick pets, I certainly hope you don't get any more.

I have never posted anything like this in my life, and I hope never to have to do so again. This is just outrageous, and I can't even contain myself right now. I will be praying for Pandora.

Max (5/28/00-1/9/12)
Russell (7/22/09-11/27/11)
Stanley (7/22/09-3/15/12)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-12-2011, 09:28 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

I agree with Breyer but I won't add anything because I think you must already feel bad enough.
Just so you know for next time, it's very easy to arrange a euthanasia at your local SPCA for very low cost.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-12-2011, 04:56 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Oh my god, you abondoned her into the wild when she was sick???
Well, Breyer and Dustette already said it all in their posts, so not much more to say, but what you did was horribly inhumane and cruel. If you can't afford vet visits, do the animals a favor and don't get any more pets.

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Play Strong and be at Peace

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

You will always be with me, my sweet boys. I will see you at the Bridge.

Tags
bye