Got 4 mice today and handled a rat!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-15-2005, 01:27 PM Thread Starter
Stinky Liverbrain

Got 4 mice today and handled a rat!!

Hi all!

Today the agricultural fair started at my college and the breeder I was waiting for came. 8) He didn't had brindled mice 8( but I still got 4 girls from him. They are so different from the feeder mice that I had before! I already put my hand in their cage with treats and one of them climbed all the way up the arm! The other three were more cautious but still came to my hand to pick up their treats. 8) With my feeder mice I could spend hours with my hand on their cage and they would just hide and look at me from a distance. 8) I got a light grey, a black, a chocolate brown (just like my Brie) and a spotted chocolate brown. I think that I'll go tomorrow and pick up a couple more. 8)

Well, he also had rats (and gerbils, syrian hamsters, campbells dwarf hamsters, rabbits, and guinea pigs). He let me handle one of the boys. He was so cute! and friendly 8) the others where begging to get out too, and I placed my hand and they all came to me. 8) I wanted to take them all home! 8( Sigh... I hate waiting.. I want rats now! Oh, well...

Dimaris

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-15-2005, 01:59 PM
I Own an Egg Pooper

WOW, that sounds real cool. I wish we had breeders like that coming to my school!!! What was the purpose? And does your college allow you to have pets? Mine doesn't, but I had a bunch anyway! haha

-Tare

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Heaven goes by favour. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in."

Proud mom to Halle (dog), Sugar (cat), Tiffany (beta fish), Mango (molly fish), and Macy, Paris, Tessa, & Ruthie (mice).
RIP Kiska... the greatest...
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-15-2005, 03:24 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Congratulations on the new mice

Kirsty

Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-15-2005, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
Stinky Liverbrain

It's the agricultural fair... done once a year by my faculty (agricultural sciences). They have plants for show and for sale, show of agriculture machinery, oh, they brought the bee-hive too (they sell honey and brought a show beehive, pretty neat), they have animals for show and sale (I'll go and take pics tomorrow, they had a senepol, an american paint horse, an appaloosa, some holstein, dorper sheep, longhorn bull, brown swiss cows, jersey cows, I can't rememberr what else.. but there were some empty cages, so that means that some other animals are coming... pics tomorrow!). I'll go buy some fruit trees for dad tomorrow too.. we are interested in pomegranate and anon, which I saw there today... but I'll have to see what else they have and call dad to see what he wants... they had a lot of orchids... handcrafted stuff.... ect. 8)

Well, I don't live in a college dorm... I rent a room and the first thing I asked was if I could have pets... so the owner of this place is ok with it... as a matter of fact, he never comes unless I call him for something... as long as I don't disturb the neighbors... he's ok... and I don't think that mice might disturb my neighbors.. hehe.

Dimaris

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-15-2005, 07:38 PM
User Is No Longer Welcome

I spotted some new fancy mice at the pet store (they rearely have them): white with coffee brown spots. Very cute. I may not be able to resist them. . . later this week. (This is why I am afraid to walk into some pet stores! I will walk out with more rodents!).

The fancy mice I already have are adorable.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-16-2005, 10:11 AM Thread Starter
Stinky Liverbrain

I got 2 more today. 8) I had a better chance to talk to the guy today cause there was less people, and he told me that he had a hard time breeding the brindle ones... but he was going to check on his cages back home, and if he found a female, he would bring her tomorrow for me. 8) So... today I got a black one with very few white marks (including an almost perfect blaze... 8) He markings look very similar to gerbil markings, very very pretty!!). and a solid light yellowish brown. 8) I'm going to call that one Butter! LOL... I've been looking on cheese names to continue with my theme.. and got a few that I liked, but haven't decided what I'm going to call each. I know that the tiny dark brown spotted one will be Babybel. But the others are still named. 8)

Dimaris

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-16-2005, 10:28 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

aaaaawwww congratulations on the two new additions today, i loved brindled mice too i had a couple when i had mice and they are such cuties and their coats are gorgeous

Kirsty

Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-16-2005, 01:38 PM Thread Starter
Stinky Liverbrain

Yeah, I'm crossing my fingers that he does have a female on his stock so I can get her tomorrow. 8) I'm surprised, the little grey one walked up my arm and around my neck yesterday. 8) None of my other mice passed the elbow without trying to jump off (which, of course, made me nervous). He also had some beautiful Flemish Giant rabbits. Really gorgeous.

Dimaris

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-16-2005, 01:46 PM
I Own an Egg Pooper

WOW, I am really diggin this thing. My school should have one! hehe. And I can't wait for pics!!!

-Tare

"Heaven goes by favour. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in."

Proud mom to Halle (dog), Sugar (cat), Tiffany (beta fish), Mango (molly fish), and Macy, Paris, Tessa, & Ruthie (mice).
RIP Kiska... the greatest...

Tags
dark brown, dwarf hamster, dwarf hamsters, fancy mice, flemish giant, guinea pig, pet store, pet stores, syrian hamster, syrian hamsters