Is Hailey pregnant??? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-01-2004, 09:37 AM Thread Starter
I Own an Egg Pooper

Is Hailey pregnant???

Or is she just fat? hehe
I am not sure! I am very excited to see how this next week goes, however, because her tummy is looking quite bulbous! She and a nice mouse named Atticus spent some time together last month, and I didn't think they ended up mating, but now I am starting to wonder if they did!
Anyway, she appears to be digging a hole in the shavings in one corner of the cage, and she has started acting a little skittish at random times.
Are there any other ways I can know if she is expecting?

-Tare

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Heaven goes by favour. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in."

Proud mom to Halle (dog), Sugar (cat), Tiffany (beta fish), Mango (molly fish), and Macy, Paris, Tessa, & Ruthie (mice).
RIP Kiska... the greatest...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-01-2004, 11:05 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Theres every chance that they will have bred as mice become sexually mature at a young age and they breed pretty quickly without you even noticing so theres every chance they have bred and shes expecting now especially if shes building a nest and getting fatter. Has her behaviour changed in anyway apart from being more skittish then usual? Or have you noticed anything different about her? If she is its best not to handle her too much and leave her in peace and quiet!

And goodluck if she is and post some piccies when they are old enough

Kirsty

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-01-2004, 11:48 AM Thread Starter
I Own an Egg Pooper

thanks for the reply! I have done LOTS of research on mice (and I have had mice for over a year now) so this was my first breeding attempt. The babies will be either kept by me or housed by my many mouse-loving friends...so I am very excited that this is a possibility!
I have noticed her being very motherly to my new mouse Candice, and she has been a little bit less active than usually - more sleepy and less wall climbing on the cage bars. She is a big attention lover, so she cuddles up to me a lot still, but at times she is a little skittish and doesn't want to be held. But after a while she will come to my hand.
I'm not sure what else I can tell you yet. But if she is pregnant I calculated her due date to be around December 7th-10th, or possibly 12th.
Thanks!

and I will definitely post pics!

-Tare

"Heaven goes by favour. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in."

Proud mom to Halle (dog), Sugar (cat), Tiffany (beta fish), Mango (molly fish), and Macy, Paris, Tessa, & Ruthie (mice).
RIP Kiska... the greatest...

Tags
cage bars