Photos! Happy (early) Valentine's Day! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Happy (early) Valentine's Day!

Just an early greetings card from my boys! Hope you all have a great Valentine's Day (or week...or ten days...hehehe)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Max (5/28/00-1/9/12)
Russell (7/22/09-11/27/11)
Stanley (7/22/09-3/15/12)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 08:55 PM
RAT ADDICT

I don't celebrate...but thats a cute picture!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 09:56 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

so cute!
happy V-day to you too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-05-2010, 12:22 AM
Amateur Zookeeper

Adorable!
Happy Valentine's Day!

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 09:38 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Thanks everybody!

Max (5/28/00-1/9/12)

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 03:25 PM
Playful Pup

How cute!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 09:47 PM
Salamander Burgermuffin

Aww <3 happy valentines day lol there soo cute!

My Furry Family
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 12:15 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

how are your boys by the way? they got over the URI good?
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 01:35 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustette View Post
how are your boys by the way? they got over the URI good?
Thanks for asking! They are definitely doing better, though Russell still sneezes from time to time. (He's always been a bit of a sneezer, though, so I'm thinking it might just be the dry air and dust, or maybe just his own biological make-up.) Their breathing sounds great, though, so I'm not worried!

Did Louna finish her meds yet?

Max (5/28/00-1/9/12)

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 01:50 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

well louna completely stopped sneezing, but she still has a raspy breathing some days, so I just finished the 3rd week of meds, and the doc said it was ok for one more week to see if the rasping stops completely, but I'm confident it's very mild and seems to be getting better and better. Seeing how she is now, she's had this URI for pretty much all her life (almost 7 months) so it's normal I think she needs a long treatment. But she's definitely looking healthy, she has a bigger apetite and she has more energy.
I'm so glad your boys are well!
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 02:01 PM
Betta Bomb

Happy Love Day back to you
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 03:05 PM
Official Loofah Tester

In honor of Valentines Day, I'll share a story I heard from Cuban American storyteller Carmon Deedy. An unconventional rat love story.

Once there was a beautiful little cockroach named Martina. La Cucarachita Martina she was called. She was the sweetest, loveliest cockroach around. Her lashes were long, and her delicate antenna were curled at the tips.

One day, she was sweeping her little house when she found a peso. Ah! She thought, just the thing. Not used to having extra money, she took her peso to the market and bought something for herself for a change. It was perfume powder, and oh it smelled so sweet. She went home and dusted the powder all over herself with the powder puff. Boof-boof-boof-boof. She curled her long eyelashes and put on her prettiest dress, and she put little red ribbons on her antenna. Then, she seated herself on her front porch swing, smiling and fanning herself.

Soon, a young suitor came to call, lured by smell her perfumed powder. It was Sapo the frog. He dropped to his plump knee and said, "Oh, Senorita Cucarachita Martina! You are the loveliest of the lovely. I have fallen for you. Will you marry me?"

Srta Cucarachita Martina batted her eyelashes and smiled. "You are very handsome Sr. Sapo. And I might marry you, but only if you can sing sweetly to me."

Sr. Sapo, smiled a wide froggy grin, and began to sing. "BWAAAAAAAAAAAAP!"

Martina put a little hand to her little ear. "Oh no! Aye! That sounds terrible! No, I cannot marry you."

Poor Sr. Sapo went on his way. But the lure of the perfume powder was great. Soon another suitor stepped onto her porch. It was Gato, the Cat.

He came purring and sighing. "Ahhhh. Cucarachita Martina! You are the most special of all girls. I cannot live without you. Marry me tonight!"

Once again, Martina batted her eyelashes. "Well Sr. Gato. You are most fine. I might marry you, but only if you can sing sweetly to me."

Sr. Gato dropped down at her feet and sang with great passion. "MRRRRooooRRRRRRRRRRRRRaaWWWWW"

La Cucarachita Martina winced prettily. "Oh goodness, no, no! That is terrible. I cannot marry you."

Poor Sr. Gato was sent on his way.

But La Cucarachita Martina had a neighbor. A handsome young gentleman, Raton, the Rat. He was a shy little fellow, but had loved Martina his whole life. Until now, he'd been too fearful to dare approach her, but oh, the smell of boofy powder! And ah! Other suitors who might win her away! He summoned up all of his courage, and came calling.

His heart hammered in his little chest as he spoke. "Cucarachita Martina! Love of my heart. I must come to ask for your hand in marriage. If you would have me, I would treat you like the queen of all cockroaches for all your days."

Srta. Martina blushed and fluttered. She loved Raton deeply, but had not dared to confess it to him. But she smiled and said, "Oh Raton, you are the most handsome and wonderful of all rats. But, I can only marry you if you would sing sweetly to me."

Raton smoothed his fur nervously, and took her hand in his, and from his little throat came the sweetest of squeaks, the softest of songs.

La Cucarachita Martina melted where she was. "Si! Oh yes, yes yes! I will marry you Sr. Raton!"

And so it was that they were soon married, the beautiful little cockroach Martina, to Sr. Raton, her most wonderful of heartrats.

Hanging out in the Land of New Feetsies:
Melon, Skinner, Black Pete, Zanna, Custard, Tucker, Jeffrey, Zmei, and Windham.

Last edited by Storyseeker; 02-11-2010 at 03:08 PM.

Tags
valentine's day