Heeeelllpp!!!!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 11:15 AM Thread Starter

Exclamation Heeeelllpp!!!!!

ok me and my brother found this baby mouse about a week old or something just laying in the middle of the path, we've took it home and making sure its warm, but we dont have a clue what to feed it or how regular it needs feeding and is it allowed cows milk?? god i dont have a clue what to do
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 11:39 AM

Get a syringe and some baby formula or puppy/kitten formula. A local pet store should carry the latter. As for the amount you should feed it I'm not sure.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 11:51 AM Thread Starter

aw thanks soo much i feel bit beta now, i'll let you no how i do
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 12:20 PM Thread Starter

aw actually i cant get none of this until tomorow mornin, what if he goes hungry through the night, what shall i feed him??
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 12:39 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

walmart carries it, if you can get to the store, feed it enough for it to have a milk band if it is still hairless you will be able to see it, and take a wet warm tissue to its bum to make it potty.

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 12:49 PM Thread Starter

he's not hairless, just got a very small body, i cant get to ANY shop because there is none where we live its in a village like and my mum wont let be go in to town i'll send you a picture of him but its not lettin me
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 12:55 PM
I am allergic to maths

It wont be eating solids yet so since cow milk is a no-no just make sure water is available to him, also gently rub his lower stomach, this helps him to pee
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 01:40 PM
Part of the Pack

If it's not hairless and it's eyes are open, it's big enough to start tasting solids on it's own. You can offer moistened cat food, bread, crackers, cherrios, etc. At three weeks they can be weaned, and I would bet if you found it out of the nest that it is at least 3 weeks old. If it is moving around, has it's eyes/ears open, it should do fine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Caprice Acres

NMGA miniature meat goats, Silver Fox and NZW Rabbits, Muscovy ducks, several breeds of chickens, fancy mice and rats in Michigan
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 01:42 PM

i am also caring for a baby mouse found orphaned. here's some websites that might help you(search them in google as i can not post links yet :
rmca
thefunmouse

if you can not get your hands on KMR(kitten formula) you can use soy baby milk(human) mix the milk 1 part powder and three parts water.

if you look at my siggy go to my photobucket album you will see pictures of the baby mouse i am caring for now.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-24-2009, 11:16 AM
Amateur Zookeeper

You can feed it baby food with a syringe until hes old enough for solid food. You can make solid foods from things in your pantry. Make sure you have a cage and wheel and a must is a hanging water bottle. I suggest glass cages because mice can easily slip through bars and you just never know. Make sure you sex the mouse when it gets old enough and if its a female you might want to get a friend. They are only about $2.00. But thats up to you.

http://www.peteducation.com/article....+1804&aid=2584

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

Tags
mouse baby urgent