Hello All! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 09:18 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Hello All!

Hello all.

My name is Britany. I am 19 and a USMC wife. My husband and I have just got our first two Rats. They are both boys. Jack is a Fancy Rat and Annie is a Dumbo Rat. Jack is white with tan markings and Annie is white with grey on his head.

If you have any questions feel free to ask!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 09:46 AM
Hello Earthling

Welcome!

post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 10:14 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

welcome!

I hope you post pictures once you have 20 posts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 10:34 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

I surely will.

Britany.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Proud USMC Wife.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Proud mommie of 2 dogs & Some Fish.
American Bulldog : Chesty.
Chihuahua/Terrier Mix : Beethoven.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 01:29 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Welcome to the forum! Rats are so much fun--you're going to love them as pets!
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 01:39 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

I HAVE REACHED 20 POSTS.. HERE ARE THE PICTURES OF MY BABIES!!! Jack is the tan & white. Annie is the grey & white.

Britany.

Proud USMC Wife.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 01:49 PM

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

What beautiful boys.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 02:11 PM

Annie looks just like my Boru did when she was alive. Obviously, she didn't have the boy parts.
I've been thinking about maybe getting a boy from a rescue. Can you tell me about your boy rats and maybe just about boy rats in general? I know they tend to be more lazy and snuggly, they tend to be a bit more aggressive with eachother, and some other very basic things.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 02:17 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Thank You!

Well what i have observed from our boys is that Jack is very hyper. We made them a playhouse and he runs from one side into the bottom and then up through the hole on the top. Its so funny. He runs so fast. And he also comes to the door when you open it. They are still getting used to us so they haven't really snuggled with us. When we hold them they try to go everywhere. While they are in their cage they seem to 'wrestle' and i mean full out wrestle... running over each other, chasing each other, standing on each other. Its funny. Since it has been rainy here today they have been very lazy. They don't even want to come out of their cage lazy. Annie is always lazy. He just sleeps all the time.

Britany.

Proud USMC Wife.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 02:24 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

Awww! They are so cute!! Love your dumbo, love him, love him, love him! You better be careful, I could try to steal him Just kidding. Beautiful ratties!

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 02:30 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

They are so cuuuuute! I LOVE annie I have a thing for rats with white in their face

I see your little cage has a wheel, right? Do they use it?
It must be so cute when they use it!
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Thank You. I love his ears. They are so cute. And I'm hoping that the triangle shap on his head turns into a heart.

I say that because my dad has a dog and it happened to her. When he got her she had a triangle on her head and over the years turned into a heart... well now that shes older they have managed to take shape of horns because she is bossy.

Britany.

Proud USMC Wife.
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 02:38 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustette View Post
I see your little cage has a wheel, right? Do they use it? It must be so cute when they use it!

Actully they don't. Which is surprising to me. I mean they have stood in it for a few seconds but never really used it. They have stood on their back feet and put their front paws on the outside of it and turned it. But, never gotten in it and ran.

Britany.

Proud USMC Wife.
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 02:40 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

haha!
It technically could because your ratties are gonna change from baby hair to adult hair in a couple of months! I think their markings can change slightly at that point, their color too.

I love dumbos too!
I have one little girl rat and REALLY hope to get a second one soon, and of course I'd love a dumbo.
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 02:43 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

oh I was asking you because most rats don't like wheels so I though maybe if you left it there it was because they use it!

Louna has 3 stories to her cage (well they're more like 2 shelves because they aren't the whole size of the cage) and she's rarely on the bottom of the cage, so I think rats love climbing! you could probably add shelves to your cage and take out the wheel for your ratties to run around the cage