help!!!!!!!!!!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Red face

i was wondering if anyone new where to get an old female mouse, because i have 2 boy mice well i think 2 boys and one keeps on fighting with the other, i red that 2 boys need a old female, to stop them from fighting, is this true???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 05:34 PM
Adolescent Pup

I don't have mice. But from what I've read, male mice often can't be kept together because they will fight. I understand the fighting can be quite violent. If you get a female, you'll either have more fighting for her affections and/or a bunch of baby mice.

As I said, I don't have mice but that's what I've read...

Redsweettart

boys: cadoo, cosmo, jinx, moe, ziggy
girlies: sox, chops

gone: Inky--2/7/07 Oreo 4/1/07
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 05:44 PM
Stinky Liverbrain

I agree with tracey... What I've heard about old females is that you can put one old female (old enough to be infertile) with 1 of the males to keep them company. The female won't stop the 2 males from fighting, to do that you'll have to separate them. I think that the best is to separate them and give them lots of toys and play time. Trying to find a female old enough that is infertile can be problematic and maybe will not last as long as the male will.

Dimaris

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 06:00 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Becka_Baby and redsweettart are right. I use to breed mice and a female will cause more fighting for your poor little boys . See if you can't keep them apart, or seperate them some how. Something i did once is if you can get some cardboard or wood and put it down the middle of your cage (depending on the type you have). This should help, however if you use cardboard they can sometimes work their way under it and will be back at fighting again. Hope all goes well with your little ones.

My Kids:6
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 5
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

Note: My hammocks are not exclusively for rats

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 07:39 PM
Adolescent Pup

hey
i have had mice for donkeys years lol and i never was able to keep 2 boys together. you need to seperate or they will kill each other and getting a female will not help the aggression it will make it worse!!!!
you could get one to introduce to one of the boys but be careful as the boy could attack your girl as well if he can smell the other boy.
you might also find that if you handle one then the other you could be mistaken for the other mouse.
a female of breedable age is generally around 6monthish for her sake she is old enough and developed to handle babies but also be aware that they drop a litter every 21 days and can have up to 10 babies in a litter so you might end up over run with babies.

good luck

Chin mummy to

Zoe and Rupert
Sweet Pea and Snude
Fluke and Bindi
Sophie and Monty
No-toes
Snickers

Speights

Lily and Milo
RIP Olivia
Toby

0800 Chin Addiction Services

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 08:06 AM
The Title Fairy Was Here

the only way you can solve your problem is too seperate the 2 boys

Come see more of my fur babies at
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 01:26 AM
RAT ADDICT

You will have to seperate them.Male mice can and will fight to the death.Don't worry,they will be fine on their own,as long as you give them lots of lovins!

I have only ever successfully raised male littermates together and even that do not always work.Males are extremely territorial!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *

Tags
baby mice, male mice