Photos! Help me name these boys! :) - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-01-2009, 10:50 PM Thread Starter

Help me name these boys! :)

I still have not come up with any names for my boys! Dustette had mentioned the name Oliver, which I really like, so I'm leaning towards "Oliver" for the tan and white boy.

So I need to come up with 3 or 4 boy names. I prefer human type names, because I treat my ratties like my babies, so I can't be calling them "Fluffy" or anything like that.

What I hadn't mentioned yet, was that I snuck one more boy home with me.

They've been doing really great. I leave their cage open on my bed all day long so they can come and go as they please. My room is rat proofed, and there are no other animals here at the moment, so don't worry. The fourth boy that I brought with me, is still a little shy, he wouldn't come out when I was taking pics, so I didn't want to force it on him. I'll get some pics of the 4th little guy tomorrow or whenever he decides to come out and show his pretty face.

Anyways, onto the pictures! If a name pops in your head, post it! They need names ASAP haha.

BTW, see how big the tan & white boy is compared to the other two? He's so much bigger, and these three were from the same litter! He's the most loving one too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 05:16 AM
Adolescent Pup

Omg! awww they're so cute oliver sounds like a great name for the tan+white suits him actually, hows about george (i think ive spelt that right lol) or elliot or harry or billy or oscar i could go on lol but these are my favourite boy names

Charlie the cocker spaniel (Male)

R.I.P, Reggie and Moss (jirdy boys) gone but never forgotten
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~The soul is the same in all living creatures, although the body of each is different. Hippocrates~
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 07:19 AM
RAT ADDICT

Such cuties!!!
Hmmmm...human names?
My favorite male human names are:Benjamin/Ben,Shawn,Daniel...I don't have alot of favorite male HUMAN names,but those are a few I like.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 07:26 AM
the rodent lover<3

Nick/Nicholas or Alex?

my name is Jonni,
i'm weird for making my username
Angelica

~ one Betta, unnamed as of now ~
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 07:49 AM
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

Blaze would be good for the hooded rat. But how about Dunken, shawn, Josha, Michael, gabereal, Sky would be cute for the blue or grey one, alfred, conner, Christin, Norm, sam, guliver, sabastin, milo, Elroy, cody, Devon, Devinair, dameon, Duddly do right, Adam, Allen, Dallas, Dane, Toby, keith, roneld, Jake, jack, Raven, hugo, horis, Alvin, simon, theodor, Melvin, mark, Gaven, Tylor, Hunter, Tom, rick, Lanty, Louis, Loe, lou, Lenny, Opie, Andy, Barny, Jeff, will, zeck, zack, alex, alic, rolend, arneld, corry, kevin, joe, josh, jamie, John, max, caroltin, branden, brice, Bruce, Bob, Blane, Bryan, Robert, bret, tony, terry, trvor, Trent, Roy, Roger, gunther, mel, dale, donneld, Ashten, orin, ottis, Clancey, kent, kenny, Al, shane, oliver, harvey, peter, paul, Ron, Semore, stanly, tod, tucker, trace, steve, clem, Harold, Humphrey, Frank, Philip, Phil, Andrew, kasey, fred, lee, harvey, bart, hommer, chris, jobe, danny, dan, daniel, dwyane, Dewite, Don, dick, jason, bill, shamouse, aron, dave, vic, Victor, vinny, vince, anthony, christopher, waldo, willard, ben, bensin, and that is about all for know.
Diamond
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 08:30 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Cute! I like the name Oliver, you can nickname him Ollie. The black hooded boy reminds me of my Apollo, so cute! Some good name ideas so far. I like Benjamin/Ben like Lisa said and also Timmy, Charlie, and George.

Maureen

Six new rats
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 08:35 AM

Hmmm...
Adonis, for the blue one? It means "handsome" in Greek!
Amis, means "brave"?
Augustus? Think it means "great" in Greek. Or "Roman Emperor".
Bashir? That's arabic for "joyful".
(if you've not noticed I love names with meanings!)

Brandon? Scott? Lance? Aaron? (my brother's names! )
Pablo? (means "Little One")
Rachat? (it's a Star Wars race...of rat people! Haha sorry, my dad used to watch Star Wars)

That's all I can think of at the moment, Shannon my dear, I'll come back and add some more if you're still indecisive.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 09:05 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

I'm glad you like oliver it does suit the tan+white nicely!!
I don't have new ideas from last time, but you have lots of suggestions already and I'm sure you'll get more
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 01:43 PM
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

cool names guys gals, here are some more that poped in my head.
Mickey, mic, mac, Rooney, rosavelt, Nate, nelson, Hermes, zues, greg, Esop, as in esops fables, Jethro, Jim, Elber, Alber, mo, Chuwa is india for mouse or rat means Rodent might not be spelled thr right way but its the was you pronouce it. Baker, kermit, fonzey, lastat, Charlie, bozley, and thats about all I can think for know.
Diamond
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 02:11 PM
RAT ADDICT

If your more into rarer names,Zephyr.
I used to have one of the best ratties ever and his name was Zephyr.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 05:43 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

Aw they are so cute! I like Oliver a lot, what about Ryan?

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 11:18 PM Thread Starter

Great names everyone! Thanks so much!

I've decided to go with Oliver for the tan & white one. And I like the name Billy too. I think I'll name the blue one Billy. He looks like a Billy to me.

Gosh, I love these boys a lot... They are really sweet. They don't bite me through the cage bars either, which a lot of my rats do because they think EVERYTHING that comes near the bars is a treat. >.> But these boys just lick, so that is a nice change! haha. Oliver likes when I make kissy noises, he comes running to me every time. And The black and white one likes when I scratch my nails on the bed. The blue one comes running to me if I talk. And the 4th little one, still doesn't want to come out of the cage on his own. He lets me pick him up and hold him, but if the cage is open, he just stays in there and stares at me from the door lol. He is 2 weeks younger than the other 3, so maybe that is why he is a little more timid.

post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 11:51 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

Aw they are so cute! Billy is cute, I love blue rats I think they are so cute for some reason! I really like the name Chandler for a boy, I think I would name a boy that if I would get some haha. (: And like VanillaRat said, I love the name Daniel! (But I have a friend named Daniel and that would be awkward to name a rat that )

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

Last edited by CrWoodyspets; 10-02-2009 at 11:58 PM.
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-03-2009, 03:12 AM
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

I like bible names or older world names like dunkin or O'Rily. those kinds old names. But I also like uniqu names like Constantine and Goblin, or Mystick, and Rogue. To give them a name that fits but is uniqu like a rat is.
They are so cute I love the blue one. the tan and white one named oliver is cute. Billy the Blue thats catchy. So you have 2 named and 2 unnamed sitll right? did you bring any girls home? did you name them yet?
Cute pictures they look so loveable. I have noticed the more space the bars were you can stick your hand threw to pet them mine lick but when smaller they seem to nip in more of a trying to pull my hand in. I have only ever been bitten 3 or 4 times and I will probaly have more threw out the years working with tempermental rats and mama rats but I still love them.
Diamond
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-03-2009, 06:37 AM
Adolescent Pup

Aww yeah billys a great name

Charlie the cocker spaniel (Male)

R.I.P, Reggie and Moss (jirdy boys) gone but never forgotten

~The soul is the same in all living creatures, although the body of each is different. Hippocrates~