Help My New Rat Is Sneezing!!!!!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-03-2013, 08:13 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Help My New Rat Is Sneezing!!!!!!

Ok so one of my boys started sneezing the other day. I asked my sister in law what the problem would because we have had them about a month now and only one is sneezing. She said that almost all rats have a thing called mycoplasma which from what i have found most do have it just some it affects worse.

My husband took nico over to her and she said he has a very slight drainage from his nose which she also said is common for a flair up think she called it porhin or something but she said some rats will have a slight discharge sometimes when its a lot then its a problem but to go to the vet to head off any major problems like pneumonia and most vets will put them on cant remember the medicine but says its standard treatment.

she told us to be prepared for the vet might not be able to give you a full diagnosis and will just prescribe the meds like she said some rats just get it while others dont.

I am freaking out i dont want my boys to be sick my husband is gone crazy because nico is his fave and they are always snuggling.

I was wondering if there is anything we can do we do cage cleanings atleast 4 days a week and have a air purifier in the rooms since my husband has allergies. Fleece bedding and use All free and clear again because of my husbands allergies.

We have an appointment with the vet on tues since they arent open well atleast the exotic doc isnt there and my husband only wants to see her. Should we expect that all three have this infection and will need to be treated???

plz any help would be great??????

Last edited by rats818210; 03-03-2013 at 08:15 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-04-2013, 01:30 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Hi again,
I just saw this post and I thought I responded to this post several times already but I noticed my responses are not showing up on the thread of your post. Weird! Did you get the last couple of things I wrote back to you about cleaning and so forth that we were talking about? (i.e. your questions about vinegar, etc?)

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and Maximus
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Play Strong and be at Peace

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

You will always be with me, my sweet boys. I will see you at the Bridge.

Tags
illness, new rat, sneezing