Help with toto - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-12-2008, 08:34 AM Thread Starter
Fashion Animal Freak :)

Exclamation Help with toto

Well i went to the vets again last week and the vet gave him a steriod injection and anitbiotic injection and said these might not work because he might have an obsess on his lung.
But alot of people have told me to ask for oral baytril and give it to him.
But i don;t think this would work because i gave him baytril in his water bottle and he drank alot..
What should i do how have you other rat owners cleared up breathing problems.
Its like hes chattering and heavy breathing the injections worked a little because hes not got any louder but hes is eating playing and really active and alert i really need some advice because the vets where i live are hopeless.
Im taking him tomorrow night so can someone please give me some info i could ask the vet to give him because he seems to think that baytril wont help him ..

Rip Novo, Mummy Loves You x
"To close your eyes will not ease another's pain."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-12-2008, 10:43 AM
Zippy Chickenshorts

I'm not sure what to do hun.
Arthur has also been dealing with breathing problems and we took him straight to the vet. The vet said not to give him any soft food; to help keep his airways open, just to keep him on his normal food until he is better, also she said to steam him.... Like, put him in a steamed up shower room so he can breath easier.
Arthur is drinking baytril out of a bottle and it seems to have worked, she also gave him an injection and put something else in the water to help open his airways.
This is what my receipt says:
Rodent or Budgie Consultation - £24.66
Baytril 2.5 Injection per Ml - £3.21
Baytril 5. injection per ml - £4.37
Hope that helps, it's the best I can do, I hope Toto feels better soon, Arthurs having to be in a cage by himself to drink the water though... he's sulking about it lol.
Luvs ya xxxxx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pipi my hamster
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

RIP Arthur 10/04/08-22/11/09
RIP Pepper 13/01/08-15/03/10
RIP Husky 10/04/09-20/03/10
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-12-2008, 08:20 PM
Will It Ever Change?

Hun, I'm sorry you're in this pickle. But unfortunately we're not vets. We wouldn't ever know the full reasons behind a vet choosing a drug or procedure. What about trying a second opinion?

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan