Hey this gave me an idea.. Show off your Cages!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-23-2005, 12:23 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Hey this gave me an idea.. Show off your Cages!!

Here's mine:

They're two Martin's RUUD cages. one for boys, one for girls.. although there are two spayed girls in the boy cage. the cages are 5 feet tall, almost 3 feet wide.

you can see what used to be a third hammock inside the girls' cage.. now it's chewed into oblivion and used to cover up their food dish. Probably gonna sew up more tonight (cleaning cages now, which is why the one on the right looks clean, the one on the left doesn't, LOL!)

wish this came out..

edit-

since this is a rat AND mouse forum, guess I have to show off the spiny mice tanks/cages as well..... bah!

(pic at my mom's house... it looks no different here now that I've moved)

2 rats, 2 mini rex bunnies, 2 cats, 1 prairie dog, 4 species breeding millipedes, 23 various different species tarantulas, 2 Heteropoda davidbowie huntsman spiders, 3 Liocheles australasiae scorps, 20+ Hogna helluo wolf spiderlings, etc.

spiders are addictive... and super easy to care for!

Last edited by DragonTamer; 01-23-2005 at 12:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-23-2005, 12:43 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Uh-oh. Methinks I need a bigger cage! Awesome rattie cages DragonTamer!!! I love them. Well I posted a bunch of pics yesterday that you can see here: http://www.paw-talk.net/forums/showt...d=1#post243685

Now I'm feeling like my cage is too small, but when my girls finish growing I'm going to have Mike add another cage just like the one I have, on top of the first one. I got that cage for only $40! Can you believe it? It would be like $100 at Petsmart or Petco.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rats have rights...& mice too!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-23-2005, 06:53 PM
Stinky Liverbrain

Wow! I love the cages, specially the big spiny mice tank!

Well, I don't have rats, but, as you said this is rats AND mice forum, so here are pics of my mice cage (a bit old, things change constantly in there... but you get an idea)

You can see the wheel at the lower right side. I changed that wheel for a normal-sized wheel cause Cheddar's tail was already a bit bent backward from constantly running on the small wheel.

Dimaris

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-23-2005, 06:54 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

Great cages! My mouse had that cheese block too.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-23-2005, 08:24 PM
Doomed to be Titleless Forever

My cage is a Martins R-685. I know, totally needs more toys...my boys reject everything I give them.

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-25-2005, 11:32 AM
Adolescent Pup

My mouse tank was FREE! I love it when u get a bargain...
My mum's friend was gona take it to the dump! Well i couldn't let that happen could i so she brought it over. it was Greeny Yellowy, you couldn't see through the glass, and it had huge cracks in it!

So i cleaned it up and now its sooo shiny and smart! It's quite small compared 2 ur lovely cages, but it has two levels! And it's only meant for 1 or 2 mice, which hopefully i will adopt from the animal shelter on Saturday!! Whoo

Sorry the pics r all blurry + pixely but i had 2 use the webcam coz the digital cams broken! anyway its quite hard to see because the tanks empty at the moment... but hey - i wanted to post and tell you about my wonderful find!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...rfaye/tnk2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...rfaye/tnk1.jpg

I believe in a thing called love ~ just listen to the rhythm of my heart

Dusty

Chloe

Mildred + her 3 friends

Jellybean + Caesar
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-25-2005, 11:51 AM
I Own an Egg Pooper

hey, I like the idea!

unfortunately, my dig cam is out of commission right now, but here are some pics stolen from Petco!
haha

What I have done is combined the following two cages with a small tube through the add-on hole in their base (replacing the bubble caps that were there!
It's a crittertrail 2 and 3:

they also have a couple accessories! hehe, like these:

and they have the whole line of small pet furniture (I can't remember what company), but there is a kitchen set with a table and water bottle, and there is a rocking chair and sofa and TV for the livingroon set, there is a car, and there is a bed and lamp stand. haha! I am obsessed!

-Tare

"Heaven goes by favour. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in."

Proud mom to Halle (dog), Sugar (cat), Tiffany (beta fish), Mango (molly fish), and Macy, Paris, Tessa, & Ruthie (mice).
RIP Kiska... the greatest...
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-25-2005, 12:17 PM
Stinky Liverbrain

Zookeepa, that cage is really cool! I love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TareG
and they have the whole line of small pet furniture (I can't remember what company), but there is a kitchen set with a table and water bottle, and there is a rocking chair and sofa and TV for the livingroon set, there is a car, and there is a bed and lamp stand. haha! I am obsessed!
I want to see that!!! LOL sounds so cool!

Dimaris

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-25-2005, 04:54 PM
I Own an Egg Pooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padfoot
Zookeepa, that cage is really cool! I love it!

I want to see that!!! LOL sounds so cool!
haha! I know! I found out the brand is Superpet, actually. But I can't find any online pics, or else I would send you a petco link to it or something.
I did manage to find a personal pic of Shauna "watching TV", though that I have on my Snapfish sight. LOL.
here:

OH! And the bedroom set also comes with a little vanity! And it has an actual mirror in it!

-Tare

"Heaven goes by favour. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in."

Proud mom to Halle (dog), Sugar (cat), Tiffany (beta fish), Mango (molly fish), and Macy, Paris, Tessa, & Ruthie (mice).
RIP Kiska... the greatest...
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-25-2005, 09:52 PM

Got the CD back the other day with lots of pictures from Rosie's Gang. They are such funny kids.
The first 2 pictures are of Rosie taking her evening power nap in our headboard.

The next 2 pictures are of the "interim" cage setup. The "old" new cage got really smelly so we tossed it and tried this. It would have worked, but I kept getting the feeling the kids weren't happy there.

Here is a picture of Boo and Smokie checking out what I am doing with the flashy thing. Then a real close up of Smokie. You can see her white chest spot.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-25-2005, 09:54 PM

Part #2

We had a really bad snow here the other day. Before it all melted away, I went out and got a bowl of snow to let them at least have a look and taste.

Boo doing what she does best: Playing Peek-A-Boo

Boo standing on top of the branch enjoying a yogie where no one else can get her.

Ben playing acrobat on the same branch.

Ben sitting inside the larger of the 2 cages munching on his favorite food -- Pasta!!
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-25-2005, 09:55 PM

Part #3

Here is the new cage now that it is finished. The top and middle level are connected with a wire/pvc ramp. The middle and bottom levels are connected by a length of dryer tubing. The bottom level contains their litter box with they all run down to use.

Rosie and Ben sleeping in a plastic cream puff container turned bedroom. I can't believe that all 5 rats fit in there.

Tags
animal shelter, litter box, spiny mice