Hey, why is my mommy mouse acting odd now - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 05:49 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Hey, why is my mommy mouse acting odd now

Ok so since i put her and the babies in her new tank everything has been fine.... that is until today. today I've noticed that she has been doing these odd bouncy things trying to reach the lid on the tank. do you know why she suddenly feels the need to try and escape. i don't want her to hurt herself doing it either is there something i can do to make her stop?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pet's name: Candy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pet's name: Lilly Bud
Pet's name:
Baby
Pet's name: Pinkie
Pet's name: Lilly Pad

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 06:38 PM
RAT ADDICT

This has nothing to do with the fact she has babies.
I noticed anytime I put mice in a bin cage or tank,they always would try and jump out.I honestly am not sure why...

Is there a secure lid on the tank? Make sure any openings (even tiny ones) are covered and you shouldn't have problems.She will stop once she realizes she cannot get out.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 09:31 PM
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

I have noticed this on my mice as well they like to try and crowed on top of the water bottle. But i have relized that whenI put stuff in for them to clim on and reach the top they would hang upside down and crawl aroudnthe lid top an once they got to see what the tops was about they didnt really jump up anymore. I think that thy either want out at times or to check out the bigg open space in their tank they cant reach.
Try when she dose that to get her out she also maybe trying to say hey can I come out and visit, but not to long she has babies. When some of mine did that I started ot get them out for a bit and then it seemed they did that when every they wanted me to come get them. Mice are so cute and so small but are fun to cuddle.
Diamond

Tags
jumping, mouse