Hi Sorry Its Me Again :) - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 09:49 AM Thread Starter
Fashion Animal Freak :)

Question Hi Sorry Its Me Again :)

Well i wrote here about food for my ratties and you's gave me some really good advice
but what i need to know is what can i put in with there food everyday instead of there normal NUGGET rat food because they seemed to be bored of it this is what i would put in ..
There nuggets at the bottom of there bowl..
and fresh veggies and fruit at the top they would eat all the veggies and leave there rat food LOL ..
is there somthing else i can put in with there normal food to make it more exciting ..
can you put in canned dog food ? if so is there certain ones you cant put in ..

( Ps. im asking what i can put in the food bowl everyday all day .. not treats thanks x )

Rip Novo, Mummy Loves You x
"To close your eyes will not ease another's pain."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 10:39 AM
Will It Ever Change?

dog food you can give little bits of, but there's a lot of protein which can irritate rats skin. generally all rats eat the good stuff and leave the boring behind. just dont overdo the good stuff then they'll get hungry again and eat the boring

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 04:16 PM

Most rats handle the protein ok as long as it is not excessive. Some however can have or develop protein sensitivity. So you just have to be careful. I use dry dog food in my everyday mix. What you need is a high quality Lite or Senior formula (which is lower in protein) I use Nutro Natural Lite, or Chicken Soup senior. Other good brands are Canidae, Solid gold, innova. You want a dog food who's first ingredient is meat, be it beef, chicken lamb ect. ( Mine seem to prefer the lamb and rice variety) Not meat by-product either. Also Corn should NOT be one of the first three ingredients. The less corn and or grain the better. Basically any grocery store food is NOT good. Try a pet supply wholesale or feed store. Also remember not to overdo the fruits. They love them and would eat them nonstop if they could but they are high in sugar. Well I hope this helps!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 05:18 PM
Zippy Chickenshorts

if I were you, I'd give them something different every other day, so do what the above people said, but also keep an eye on their health as that should come first...... I do give mine a small, like hamster food bowl ful of my dinner...lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pipi my hamster
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

RIP Arthur 10/04/08-22/11/09
RIP Pepper 13/01/08-15/03/10
RIP Husky 10/04/09-20/03/10
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 01:41 PM Thread Starter
Fashion Animal Freak :)

thank you
i will try them with some dog food
they also are OBSESSED with CARROTS! lol
they love em !!

Rip Novo, Mummy Loves You x
"To close your eyes will not ease another's pain."

Tags