Holy Mice Batman - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-24-2010, 11:03 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Holy Mice Batman

Well, all the females from the rescue have ALL had babies

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010, 01:04 AM
I am allergic to maths

Agghh! Still have enough cages? Taking care of 50+ mice is going to be hard, especially since theres going to be loads of babies and the complications that come with. I laughed at the tag though, mice explosion lol!
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010, 04:57 AM
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

wow that is a lot. I wish you all the luck and I hope you have pleny of room. I am sure if you need an extra hand that the shelter will help you out all that they can. Do you know of any friends that can take some in if it gets to much and see they can foster for a while?, that is of you need the room or the help. Maybe they even have extra stuff incase you need it.
I wish you the best and congrates on the babies being born at lest they are safe and will have a happy life a full life of being a pet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I think you are in the wrong place buddy.
You are the weirdest cat I ever seen.
Now matter how big or small wierd or normal we or animals may be we can learn to love and get along and love is what makes it all worth wild. Becuase Beautie is in the eye of the beholder an no one is ugly or more prettyer then anything eals we are all equal. There are some ugly people and things but that is becuase man kind makes them this way do to thier actions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010, 05:47 AM
Official Loofah Tester

Darlin' you've got your work cut out for you. I hope the rescue is advertising mice available for adoption (oy!).

Hanging out in the Land of New Feetsies:
Melon, Skinner, Black Pete, Zanna, Custard, Tucker, Jeffrey, Zmei, and Windham.
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010, 07:45 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodentzRule View Post
Agghh! Still have enough cages? Taking care of 50+ mice is going to be hard, especially since theres going to be loads of babies and the complications that come with. I laughed at the tag though, mice explosion lol!
Lol it was the best thing I could think of for the situation , I called the shelter this morning and they are bringing more cages for me, its times like these I am happy I have a finished and heated basement. Only cages they could find for me were critter trail cages so, I am gonna put the males in those and keeps the mommas and babies in the tanks.

post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010, 07:47 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond01 View Post
wow that is a lot. I wish you all the luck and I hope you have pleny of room. I am sure if you need an extra hand that the shelter will help you out all that they can. Do you know of any friends that can take some in if it gets to much and see they can foster for a while?, that is of you need the room or the help. Maybe they even have extra stuff incase you need it.
I wish you the best and congrates on the babies being born at lest they are safe and will have a happy life a full life of being a pet.
Yeah I have a few friends ready to help if I need. I am just glad the shelters paying for the food, I cant imagine buying food for over 100 mice

post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010, 07:57 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storyseeker View Post
Darlin' you've got your work cut out for you. I hope the rescue is advertising mice available for adoption (oy!).
Tell me about it lol. Its so exhausting constantly cleaning cages and feeding and making sure mothers arent eating babies, Its hard to imagine one woman caused all this.

post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010, 08:01 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

UPDATE!!: Well I am in a bit of a predicament, I was cleaning out cages this morning and I noticed that one of the mice didn't look like a mouse, it is infact a very small rat and because I didnt notice sooner is very weak and hungry and I was wondering what is the best formula to feed it, it has been eating solids but its so small I am terribly worried that it still needs milk.

post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010, 02:03 PM
Newborn Pup

I'm not a baby mouse/rat expert by any means, but I have cared for very young wild birds before. Mine you I mostly used grounded up seeds and water, and soggy bread.
But what I can maybe suggest trying until you find a better formula, is either some (human) baby food or some soggy (dog) milk-bone treat soaked and mushed up in milk or something.
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010, 03:44 PM
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

Oh my a rat wonder how it got to the mice. Are there any rats at all at that place they came from it might have excapted and got in with the mice and nurced off milk form the mice. I use kitten formula or Humen baby formula milk basced not soy.
Oh I wish I could help you but our local SPCA is struggling as it is here. Plus with a lot of people layed off and no jobs in the local and suronding areas its hard for people here to take in and help out. Me and my other half do the best we can to help out what and when we can.
what dose it look like exsacly? The only other think I can think of is it could be an affrican soft furred rat they sell them around here as food becuae they dont make very good pets acording to some and do better in big collenys although I have talked to some that own a few as pets and when worked with which is more so then rats they are very nice. BUt I am sure you know the diffrence. post a pic so we can all see maybe get a better idea of how old it is.

Now matter how big or small wierd or normal we or animals may be we can learn to love and get along and love is what makes it all worth wild. Becuase Beautie is in the eye of the beholder an no one is ugly or more prettyer then anything eals we are all equal. There are some ugly people and things but that is becuase man kind makes them this way do to thier actions.
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010, 06:20 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Here is a picture of the little guy (im 100% sure its male)
He is very small, and only a tiny bit bigger then a buck mouse. though he is bulkier

post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010, 07:02 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Oz, they do have Dwarf rats that are just about that size, I only know of one person (personally) that has them, I'm sure Janice wouldn't mind your emailing her, she has a small rattery near here.. Lucky 7 Rattery in State College PA

http://lucky7rattery.yolasite.com/

"The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath."
~W.C. Fields
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010, 07:08 PM
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

oh my he is small and a dumbo at that. He could be a true dwarf they are very tiny growing up. I have dwarfs but there bigger then dwarfs but not big enough to be small so they are still in dwarf class but called large dwarfs or just dwarf then the true dwarf. Either that or he could be so small from not getting enough were he was at poor breeding and all. Was their any rats at all when you went their? or when the spca brought them over did they say anything to you about rats or that there use to be some thier. Maybe the parents died and it was a pinky so before they took them away from their she placed it with a nuring mom.
I am going on a lim here and saying he could be a dwarf as in not that she raised them but that one showed up proably not to the other persons knowlege. He is so cute. Or he could be small do to bad enviroment from were he came from.
you said he was eating soilds right? I have known my 3 week olds to eat seeds and things at that age and try stuff but I supose it no milk is avalible then he would eat solids. you can try oatmeal with fruits or plain, apple souce, some veggies and fruits to help him out a little deffintly some eggs and chicken is good for protin to help him some. Plus its soft just incase his little teeth cant eat to much of hard stuff. dose he seem bony at all or nice and plump?
I wonder if the spca could help you take him to the vet since he is young and there are no other rats that came in? then the vet could tell you the age and stuff you can do to help him.
well when you lend a hand to help someone or something in need there is always a suprise or reward that you least exspect.

post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010, 07:17 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

Oh he is so cute!!
Does he have a name? Will you name him Uno for me since he's the only one?

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010, 07:20 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrWoodyspets View Post
Oh he is so cute!!
Does he have a name? Will you name him Uno for me since he's the only one?
I actually kinda like that name maybe I will call him that . I think I might just keep this little guy.

Tags
mice explosion