How guilty do i feel :( - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
Fashion Animal Freak :)

Angry How guilty do i feel :(

Oh god i can't stop shaking i feel sick and everything
I went up to the rats room to let them out and as i opened the door TOTO was hanging onto the door because the freddy cages doors flap out and i tried to get him to move before opening it and i opened the door and he bounced on it and OMG his foot got caught in between the bottom of the door and they were stuck he was SQUEAKING so loud and its all my fault i had to free his foot and i brung him out onto my knee and checked his paw and it seems fine he aint limping hes holding food with it hes grooming himself but omg i feel so guilty i am really shooken up its all my fault i am so ashamed of myself he came right up to me and he was lying on my knee how could he do that after i done this to him i feel so bad i feel like i have let him down am i a bad owner for doing this ? i did'nt mean it at all god i need to really calm down

Rip Novo, Mummy Loves You x
"To close your eyes will not ease another's pain."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 06:01 PM

Don't feel bad! It's not your fault! I've had foot-catching problems before too. The most you can do is love him and tell him you're sorry with lots of treats. If he's not limping he'll be fine. You'll be getting that new cage soon, so you won't have to worry about it happening again.

Don't blame yourself. He's not blaming you.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 07:05 PM Thread Starter

Thanks hun
i felt so bad and so awfull i felt like i let him down
and i know loads of people will be saying i am being to dramatic
But i can't help it his scream really scared me i felt like crying
god its as if he can tell im sad he keeps clinging to me and kissing me and looking at me
Thanks again btw x

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 08:22 PM
Adolescent Pup

this has happened to me before and i've felt just like you...it's awful to hear them cry and you feel so bad for them,but as long as he's not limping and is using it he should be perfectly fine,so don't freak out too much...he still loves you

Ratties Rock My World!
My Zoo
Spring,Lynard,Georgia,Teddy,7 of Minnie's children, 2 dwarf rats and our rabbit Charlie
*Proud Rat Owner Since 2005*
RIP Ratties
Raven,Gracie,Chloe,Roxanne,Brandy,August, Nicki, Lulu,Lainey,Minnie,Edward,Jasper
RIP Lance We Still Miss You

post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 10:21 PM
Will It Ever Change?

it happens, toto will be fine

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 11:13 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

When I first got my rats, they were running around in a cabinet and I walked by and moved one of the doors to get around it. Well, Hercules had his little hand on the hinge, and one of his fingers got stuck. He didn't cry or anything, he was just pulling to get it out. I had to move the door back so he could get it out. It started bleeding everywhere and he was just licking it and I was really upset, I felt like throwing up.
I took him to the vet and she just gave him some medication for pain/swelling and said he would be fine. Well, for the rest of his life that one little finger was crooked, bent sideways at a 90 degree angle. It never seemed to bother him, but it always reminded me. So I know how you feel.
You're not a bad owner, it sucks, but it was just an accident and I'm sure it won't affect him at all.

Maureen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Six new rats
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 04:21 AM
Dinky Gerbilelbow

Aww dont worry about it hun i am sure he forgives you! I have caught feet and tails in the door on my freddy cage!!! I have been squealed at a few times for squashing toes and tails but all my ratties still love me lol. Toto will be fine and i am sure he wont hold it against you!!!

*Carla*
I
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
my animals!
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 04:28 AM
Will It Ever Change?

*hugs* i know i all ready posted, but i had to say, i accidentally sat on my degu once, (oh my god, i know) and she was okay. our little critters live vicariously through our love, don't worry yours will be okay

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 08:21 AM Thread Starter

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments
I just freaked out last night when i wrote this thread and last night all i could do was think about if he will be scared of me but i know hes not and i know maybe it was a really silly accident but i hated it when he squealed it was the worst sound ever
Thanks alot guys *hugs And kisses*
xxxx

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 02:39 PM
Zippy Chickenshorts

ohh, sorry hun, hope he is ok- it's not your fault!
Don't blame yourself, did you need to take him to the vets at all?

Pipi my hamster

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

RIP Arthur 10/04/08-22/11/09
RIP Pepper 13/01/08-15/03/10
RIP Husky 10/04/09-20/03/10
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 11:31 PM

Ya I REALLY freaked out when I was taking out Poppy and she really wanted to get back in and she slipped from my grip right as I was closing the cage door and her head actually got stuck in the tiny gap! I was so scared she was squeaking and everything! I quickly opened the door I felt SO bad!
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-14-2008, 01:11 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

One time my rat, Merlin, was climbing through this dragon lamp I have and he just stuck in one of the holes. He was screaming and thrashing around. I tried to get him unstuck and he kept biting me. Finally (I don't know how) I got him out and he didn't walk for about 10 minutes. I was so scared he had broken his back. I know exactly how you feel. You know your baby is in pain and you're doing the best you can do to help. I couldn't stop crying... Looking back I kind of laugh though because when I got him loose, I dropped him in the betta bowl my hand were shaking so badly...lol

Jenny, Zookeeper Extraordinare

Mom to:

Pooters, Gracie, Mr. Muggles McLovin It (all three Chi mixes), Angel (Lab mix), and Nina (Sheltie mix)

: Hollands: Peneloppy, Sunkist, Scooby, Toby, Timothy, and Dante; Jersey Wooly: Dini and Dana; Lionheads: Cricket, Tinsel, Missy, Mrs. Jingles, Winnie; Netherlands: Quasar, Amos, and Shutterbug; Havana mix: Colby; Fuzzy Holland Lop: Henry; Velveteen Lops: Prudence and Jude AKA Tigger

Fernando

Benny

Maverick (Bearded Dragon) and Panda (Leopard Gecko)

Lionel (Ball Python) and Arrow (Cornsnake)

Falcon, Sherbert, Razzle and Pearl (All Bettas)

RIP Arthur
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-14-2008, 05:09 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I think we've all squeezed one, stepped on one, got a foot caught, or accidentally ended up holding one by the head or the tail at one point or another. I'm guilty of all of the above I think. You just check them over good and try to watch closer next time.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-14-2008, 06:36 PM
I'm not weird, I'm gifted

Their feet are so small, it's not your fault. Sometimes this just happen.

/Pia

I apologized if my english is not correct
Owned by chinchillas since 1997
Breeding since 2005

<-- Check out my blog for Chinfo
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-14-2008, 06:41 PM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

It'll be okay just give him some treats and he'll forget about it.

Honestly rats are big babies sometimes.

*Missy*