how often can they have egg - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-30-2010, 12:55 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

how often can they have egg

i wanna give my mamas some boiled eggs since it is good protien but how often can they have it? the babies are eating so much that mama is losing weight and i am free feeding her i fill her bowl anytime it even looks low. but they eat constantly and my mouse is due on the 4th and i want to make sure she can handle the babies she will have as she is HUGE!!! So how often should/could i giveboiled egg and can i give it to them scrambled also?

"E"
wife to "G" 9/07
Mama to
"A" 6/07
"D" 3/09
And tons of fur babies

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-30-2010, 05:32 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

anyone?

"E"
wife to "G" 9/07
Mama to
"A" 6/07
"D" 3/09
And tons of fur babies

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-31-2010, 03:04 PM
Adolescent Pup

As far as I know protein is a good thing. How about make a hardboiled egg every other day and give it to them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-31-2010, 03:05 PM
Adolescent Pup

And if you scramble it with soy or rice milk (not dairy) and no seasonings I don't see why not. Rats can have cooked oatmeal with soy/rice milk so you should be fine.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-31-2010, 04:37 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

would almond milk work? i cant have soy dd is allergic and i usually buy almond milk but if not i go shopping soon so i can look for rice then

"E"
wife to "G" 9/07
Mama to
"A" 6/07
"D" 3/09
And tons of fur babies

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-01-2011, 10:50 PM
Adolescent Pup

I don't actually know.. I'm new to owning ratties myself. I'll look it up for you and get back to you.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-02-2011, 02:19 AM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

I wouldn't give too much egg too often. Too much protein can cause skin problems.

*Missy*
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-02-2011, 10:12 AM
Official Loofah Tester

I'd say it depends on what else you are feeding them. I'm no expert but, non gestating/nursing this site says if you're doing a homemade diet, meat (egg?) should be given twice a week:
http://www.ratfanclub.org/diet.html

I feed mine harlin tekklid, and so I only rarely give them additional protein. Usually as a treat a couple of times a month. My ratty diet consists mostly of veggies, fruit, assorted cereals, soy milk/soy yogurt, and age appropriate tekklid.

As for mom rats...one serving a day? http://www.ratfanclub.org/diet.html

I know someone will correct me.

Hanging out in the Land of New Feetsies:
Melon, Skinner, Black Pete, Zanna, Custard, Tucker, Jeffrey, Zmei, and Windham.

Last edited by Storyseeker; 01-02-2011 at 10:14 AM.