Husky Update!... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 01:19 PM Thread Starter
Zippy Chickenshorts

Wink Husky Update!...

Thank you to everyone who helped me in the thread 'Huskys evil side took over...' and a big thank you to Anya who I've been PM'ing for extra help
Okays, for those of you who may not know, Husky was seperated from the others because they were covered in bites from Husky and Husky kept bullying the others, starting noisy fights ect. Once Husky was removed from the cage, the others were a lot more confident in coming out and Husky didn't mind not being with the others.
Husky did mind being in the small spare cage though and he did keep on escaping and began to bite through the cage bars, even hiss.
Well, Arthurs chest infection came back the other day, so I had to put Arthur in the spare cage so he could go back onto meds.
I didn't have another spare cage, so I had to go straight out and get Husky his new cage. I went to [email protected] and had a look at all their cages. the Freddy 2 by savic was the best and most suitable cage, so we went straight ahead and got it.
This is the cage...

Also, I told some of you that Husky could open the cage door, well, that was sorted. The cage came with a good latch... it works like this...
First the latch closed:

Than I lift up the bottom part...

And than that releases the top part which opens the door...

So Husky can't escape!
Since I put Husky in his new cage, he has been a lot happier! Husky doesn't bite now and he doesn't hiss, so I'm really happy
Thanks again everyone xxxx
Btw; I did try re-introducing Huskys brother, Arthur, into Huskys cage, but Husky didn't like Arthur being on his terrotory and Arthur got a small nip.
Luv ya all xxxxx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pipi my hamster
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

RIP Arthur 10/04/08-22/11/09
RIP Pepper 13/01/08-15/03/10
RIP Husky 10/04/09-20/03/10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 01:22 PM
Dinky Gerbilelbow

WooHoo! I am glad you got Husky sorted! I love those Freddy 2 cages i have 2 lol they are fabulous!!!! x

*Carla*
I
my animals!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 01:29 PM
Hello Earthling

Woot! Sounds like every bodies happier now.Awesome job and awesome cage too.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 02:12 PM
Fashion Animal Freak :)

I have this cage i used to hate it but i learnt how to use the space wisely and i love it now my boy LOVES his!

Rip Novo, Mummy Loves You x
"To close your eyes will not ease another's pain."
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 02:30 PM Thread Starter
Zippy Chickenshorts

Thanks everyone for your replies!
Yeah, I must admit, that from pictures on the internet and in magasins, the freddy cage looked really small, but it's so much bigger than I thought!
I've noticed that the bars are a lot better on the freddy 2 than my other boys have as the bars on their cage are metal and slowly eroding away. The Freddy 2 has thicker bars and I'm not sure if they are completly metal or not? Or just have a coat of paint thats making the difference. The bottom is deeper than on my Jenny cage, which I also think works better. If only they made the freddy into one that was as big as my Jenny cage and had the same bars and bottom. It would be perfect hehehe..
Thanks again!
Anyone got any recommendations for what I can put in the cage to make it even more exciting?
xxxxx

Pipi my hamster

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 02:33 PM
Will It Ever Change?

wow im glad husky's found a happy place!

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 11:50 PM
RAT ADDICT

I am really glad to hear that! He looks happy.

I like those cages,but never seen them around.
You can add a tissue box or some ladders/ramps! Or tubes.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 05:03 PM
Fashion Animal Freak :)

Nikkita i will take a photo of my freddy 2 tomorrow to give you an idea on how i done mine up and give you ideas for toys!
My toto used to love baskets
But novo loves little and small boxes where he can hide and knock them around!
Loves ya xxx

Rip Novo, Mummy Loves You x
"To close your eyes will not ease another's pain."
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 05:27 PM
Dinky Gerbilelbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by laydeerodentzz View Post
Thanks everyone for your replies!
Yeah, I must admit, that from pictures on the internet and in magasins, the freddy cage looked really small, but it's so much bigger than I thought!
I've noticed that the bars are a lot better on the freddy 2 than my other boys have as the bars on their cage are metal and slowly eroding away. The Freddy 2 has thicker bars and I'm not sure if they are completly metal or not? Or just have a coat of paint thats making the difference. The bottom is deeper than on my Jenny cage, which I also think works better. If only they made the freddy into one that was as big as my Jenny cage and had the same bars and bottom. It would be perfect hehehe..
Thanks again!
Anyone got any recommendations for what I can put in the cage to make it even more exciting?
xxxxx

I have good news for you hun! They do make the Freddy 2 as big as the Jenny rat cage lol its called Chi Chi 2. Its exactly the same as the Freddy 2 including colours etc only twice the size!! I have only seen them for sale in Pets at Home here so far and i intend on getting a couple for my babies lol. I will see if i can find an online link for you anywhere xx

Ok so i have just found this link and it says its the Savic Chichi2 BUT its a total dif colour to the one i saw in Pets at Home so i don't know whats going on there lol. The one in Pets at Home is the exact same as the Freddy 2 but its twice the size although this one is a very good size and would be great for ratties!!!

http://www.netpetshop.co.uk/Items/vi...%20Cage%2080CM

*Carla*
I
my animals!

Last edited by Cazsamps; 08-26-2008 at 05:32 PM.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 06:34 PM Thread Starter
Zippy Chickenshorts

WOW! Thats brilliant!!
Thank you very much! I might look into that soon
I know that [email protected] are trying to get more different types of cages in, but I'm not sure if I've seen the one you've put up there, so I may have to buy one of the internet.
Oh, and thanks Claire, piccies will be great
I think the baskets will be a good idea because Husky is the sort of rat that likes a challange and burrowing stuff in there, so that would work great! Also, the cage door is not on top of his cage, so I don't need to worry about spacing things out so I can open it.
Also, I just thought... Husky does produce more buck grease than the others, he somtimes gets orange stains on his neck or under his chin, could this have anything to do with his problems or be a sign of something?
And, Husky doesn't like any other rat near his cage. When Pepper went down the side of Huskys cage, he started biting at Pepper and when Pepper was gone, Husky was still trying to bite even though no one was there and he got in a strop and picked up the litter tray and was throwing it around the cage, so I don't think I'm going to let the others near his cage again, but I might try to get a video to show you what I mean.
Luv you all and thanks again xxxx

Pipi my hamster

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 08:51 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

It's a shame that Husky had to be separated, but I'm glad it's working out and that everyone seems happier now.

Maureen

Six new rats
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 10:39 PM
RAT ADDICT

My Kahlua has buck grease stains as well.
It just tends to show up easier and sometimes stain fur in the lighter colored rats.But yes,if he is producing more testostarone,then he will produce more buck grease.

I hope that made sense!
It is late and I am tired and should be sleeping!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *

Tags
husky