Husky's evil side took over... - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-15-2008, 09:12 AM
Adolescent Pup

Yes, a bigger cage with lots of toys and things to hide in and climb on would be good. The stuffed animal idea was a good idea too. Keep his little mind busy.

Those were some interesting links. I like the vanilla idea. It also reminded me to look and see if I could find any ways to make my rats less of an allergen to my boyfriend. He is allergic and gets stuffy and has a hard time breathing at night, since they are in our room for the time being. No other place to have some of them until the move. Cleaning the cages even more often than normal doesn't help at all.

It has always been my females who were more aggressive and dominant than my males. They are much more laid back when it comes to accepting new cage mates.

Last edited by APoetCalledAnya; 08-15-2008 at 09:19 AM. Reason: My kitten was in my lap and hit the keyboard and sent the message before I was done typing everything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-15-2008, 10:16 AM
Fashion Animal Freak :)

Nikkita i know your capable of handleing your boys so hun you do what is best for everyone!
Anya that is some very useful info you gave nikkita and i enjoyed reading it! it was very useful for me also
Yes the stuffed toy has worked for me brilliant like if my 2 boys get in a squabble and they sleep seperately i always give them a toy and they cuddle into it, ive also caught toto trying to play fight with it LOL!

So hun you do what your heart is telling you because either way your boys will always be happy with you xxx

Rip Novo, Mummy Loves You x
"To close your eyes will not ease another's pain."
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-15-2008, 04:44 PM Thread Starter
Zippy Chickenshorts

Thanks Claire, your always so supportive and great! xx
And Thanks Anya, your help and your self-knowledge has been a huge help!
Also, thank you Lisa, I read the links and they've helped, also the other things you've said has helped to. xxx

Anyways, I've made up my mind that I'm not neutering Husky. I don't think it will help him that much and I also think that I wont be as satisfied with what I get for the money I spend and over here it's expensive, probably over £100, though, if I did think it was gunna help than I would.
I'm going to leave Husky to settle in the spare cage and get used to being on his own and I'm also holding of any play dates until Husky has finally settled into a home of his own. Once he has, I will try another Introduction and if that doesn't work out than I'm going to buy him a cage of his own and leave him on his own from there on.
If Husky is already happy on his own without the others, and no play dates, and no intro - I may just go straight ahead and let him stay on his own, with occational supervised play dates.
I have thought about this, and yes, I do think I have enough time on my hands to keep a lone rat happy and give him what he needs.
Thanks everyoe for your help, I've appriciated it!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pipi my hamster
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

RIP Arthur 10/04/08-22/11/09
RIP Pepper 13/01/08-15/03/10
RIP Husky 10/04/09-20/03/10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-15-2008, 10:27 PM
RAT ADDICT

Your welcome!
Good luck with li'l Husky.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 04:15 PM Thread Starter
Zippy Chickenshorts

Husky's hissing at me now
I'm used to him hissing if he is in the bath, but for no reason, thats never happened. Now I feel like I'm back at square one, when I finally thought I was getting somewhere
Husky did escape today.... again. He pulled the top half of the cage of the bottom (the cage came with no latches to hold it down)
Husky must be strong! He only wondered into my room and wasn't hard to gt back in the cage. He's out in a different room right now.
I scared Husky might hurt himself if he doesn't stop his determination and I really don't want that to happen 'cause I'll end up feeling like it's my fault.
I only need Husky to wait for a bigger cage for two more weeks. I'm doing extra work to get more money, just to get everything I need and Husky isn't helping my mood, especially when I'm trying to help him!
xxxx

Pipi my hamster

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

RIP Arthur 10/04/08-22/11/09
RIP Pepper 13/01/08-15/03/10
RIP Husky 10/04/09-20/03/10

Tags
aggresion, husky, pet, rat, seperated rats.