I Am In A Foul Mood - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-03-2007, 10:44 PM Thread Starter
Will It Ever Change?

Angry I Am In A Foul Mood

NO MOOKIE FRIEND!!! WTF!!!! We were there for an hour, waited, waited, smoked, waited, went pee, waited waited for an hour. I gave her our pictures adn my cell phone number so she was in charge. i said feel free to call if anything comes up. we waited an hour and no call, no one, nothing. we checked all the nearby apartment buildings and couldn't find her. checked the phonebook and couldn't find her. we were 15 minutes late but i stayed there an hour so that if she called me, iwas still there for her. NO!! we get home at 10pm, and lordy look Pat has a seizure. great timing i think, since we just got in the door. Whiel pat's in bed recouping i check emails. rat lady emailed me asking where i was, and why i didn't just let her know what i wasn't interested. WTF!! so i talk to her on msn. explain to her we were late but stayed from 730 until 830, and then scanned all the apartments, waiting for her to call my cell (i assumed she'd call and ask why i was late). We got verrry hungry and cold and tired from waiting outside so long so we went home. At this point i'm soooo angry because she hadn't called my cell, so i'm thinking she bailed on me. Well, SHE says she was there 715 to 745, waiting at the EXACT same spot. She says she called my cell and it said the number was not in service. I profusely apologize to her because I had no idea something was wrong with my phone. We agree that it was wierd that we just missed each other. Then, I test call my cell from my house line here....cell rings. I tell her this. Nothing, just, garbage. I think she waited until 730 TOPS, because no one was around when we got there. We got off the bus and ran around the mall (stupid doors were locked). Nothing. I think she just messed up my number and is too proud ot admit it. Try and blame my phone, what are you, on crack? I checked my phone that second and it was FINE! She's a lousy liar, i hate those, ooooh, so transparent, lacking common sense. So, we put all the mangled confusing facts aside, and agreed to try and meet again. I said "today was tiring, 1.5 hours there, 1.5 hours back, numb buttocks. Tomorrows a quiet day to recoup. how's moday. could we try meeting half way at rideau mall (main mall in downtown ottawa)"
She then claims to have just moved here with her fiancee, they immigrated from the US (arizona) and she works 24/7 supporting them. they dont know the area, dont know how to get downtown (one bus from their transit station at their front door), and blimey ho monday's her only day off. She told me before she runs her own little rescue, she's currently rehoming 4 or 5 rats I think. You know, I think she's just a pain in the butt and I should just go to the spca which is 1/3 the trip, and adopt a rat there. it says online they have 2 males up for adoption. I'm only taking one for mookie. what do you all think? i really just want to forget this girl, and go to the humane society on monday instead. she seems so lacking of brains. being a canadian I have a generalized hate-on for american dumbassity, and this girl is taking my cake, frosting my cookies, oooh i'm so frustrated. please please please please gon't get mad at me for what I jsut said, I'm sorry, i can be an ignoramus. i take it back, i type it back, i'm apparently rambling now...

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-03-2007, 10:57 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

HOW DARE YOU HATE ON AMERICANS!!! *&^*^*& heh... what is so great about her rat that you want it? younger or cuter? it doesnt sound like she is trust worthy to know that she took any better care of hers than the ones at the shelter that you know are reliable... id go to the shelter

oh and if you take picures of your cage and things they may be even more apt to adopt their rats out quicker

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-03-2007, 11:01 PM
Title Thief Victim

I am soo sorry hunny! :hugs:

Carissasaurus Rex
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-03-2007, 11:08 PM Thread Starter
Will It Ever Change?

lol kendalle thaks for that, i am rereading and feeling sheepish. but im still frustrated. i don't want to deal with this chick again. i'd like to go to the spca anyways, i want to start volunteering there. thanks

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-03-2007, 11:54 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

i was just wondering why you were attached to the stupid ladies rat? is it just because you found it and saw the picture first? thats how i am i see the one picture first and thats what i want more because i feel like if i choose something different than i am some how dissapointing the first thing... normally happens with shoes or shirts or pens stuff that doesnt care one way or another

[/CENTER]

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 12:03 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

I'd be pissed too...what a waste of time. It's SPCA time =]
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 12:15 AM Thread Starter
Will It Ever Change?

It was just so frustrating. Pat and I both have medical conditions that make it harrrd to go outside even though goign out is therapeutic. I'm not attached to her rat, but I was excited about promoting her rescue, about him being mookie's age, about her being in this city (mookie came from montreal). it was a long trip to go to her, 1.5 hours, then one hour out in the cold waiting for her call. then 1.5 hours home, then 10 minutes in the door pat had a seizure, i couldn't believe it. Way to top a day. Like, we don't go out because i have anxietey and pat has random seizures. we wasted a lot of time wondering and waiting and stressing because she was too stupid to dial a phone properly. i am annoyed, however, i am now free of this burden. i informed her i'm unable to take him, gave her my best wishes. and on monday i'm going to the spca to get a 3 month old boy named popcorn *fingers crossed*
Ottawa Humane Society - Animals Available for Adoption

the stupid lady exceeds my tolerance level, i cannot deal with her, this is an extremely satisfying solution for me

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 12:53 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

Ahahaha wow, they really seem to care about their animals there. That's funny, they have a rat named speedy...one of mine is named that because she used to see me and run away as fast as she could into her igloo...ahhh the golden days. Well, good luck on the adoption =].
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 08:48 AM
Guarded by Waffles

Just to defend Americans, yes we can be [email protected]$$es but that doesn't mean we all are, which I know you didn't mean that we were all. And yes I would be mad too. How dare she!

Christine
Mommy to:
2 cats: Suess and Jezebel
2 horses: Winter and Junior
3 dogs: Panda, Maggie, Snoopy

And the rest:
5 cows, a bull and one mean buffalo

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

Check out
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 08:50 AM
Title Thief Victim

good luck with getting popcorn!

Carissasaurus Rex

post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 09:25 AM
Rat Rescuer and Hospice

If you took Popcorn that would leave Speedy all alone at the shelter. Can you not take both of them? I moderate the OHS on AdoptaratCanada btw.

Sorry for dealing with that woman. I would go for the OHS boys.

To the world you are only one person, to your rat you are the World
- anonymous -

The Rat Shack

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 12:33 PM Thread Starter
Will It Ever Change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by christine
Just to defend Americans, yes we can be [email protected]$$es but that doesn't mean we all are, which I know you didn't mean that we were all. And yes I would be mad too. How dare she!
I know, I know, I'm so sorry. its such a generalized ignort view. i've slept now, and am relaxed knowing ive rid myself of the lady. thank you all so much for putting up with me

post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 12:34 PM
Title Thief Victim

You put up me alot...lol so i put up with you!

Carissasaurus Rex

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 12:47 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

im an American.........im sad..........you dont like me....

nah..hehe...i know your frustrated...but hey...i hope u like me even though i am an American...hehee...( i make you happy soaps)

sorry for what happened.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 07:01 PM
Adolescent Pup

she's probably sold the rat and too ashamed to tell you. i'd go to the humane society. it's better to save a life than to buy a pet that's has a promised future already.

Pet Parent to:

Golden/Labrador Retriever: Maxine

My Two Favorite Dwarf Hamsters:

Love you buddy, I'll see you later: Ozzy

Gone, but never forgotten: Drix

I liked this smiley so I just had to add it.

Tags
humane society