I am handfeeding two baby mice :) - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-21-2004, 01:11 PM
Romping Ratties

I am handfeeding two baby mice :)

I took home three baby mice last week that were brought into our store as fuzzies to be fed to a snake, but the snake did not eat them so I took them home to handfeed. Sadly we have lost the little runt, but the two remaining males are doing just great! They opened their eyes yesterday and are very active now, hopping and bouncing around the cage and eating up a storm. I do have to admit they are a little fat, but it was my urgency in getting them to feed. This is my first time hand feeding baby mice and I think I am doing an excellent job. I had no faith they would survive and I am truly surprised they have lasted this long. Now that their eyes are open I do not have to worry anymore. Thank goodness! I got them when they were only a week old, so it was very difficult feeding them.

Here are pictures the day after I brought them home. I will try to get updated photos tonight once my batteries are charged so you can see how cute they are with their wittle eyes open.

They are incredible social having been hand raised by myself and I have to admit I am highly attached to them already. They are both boys, and the one who passed was a little girl. She was so beautiful but I knew when I first got them home she wasn't doing so well. They went two days without a feed and that did take a toll on the poor little girl. Though I am happy she passed here and not in a snakes belly.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-21-2004, 02:24 PM
Adolescent Pup

Aren't they adorable! I'm so sorry the little girl didn't make it though. Kudos to you for all the hard work you've put in for these little guys.

Christy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-21-2004, 04:12 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

They are so cute!

Rats have rights...& mice too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-21-2004, 06:21 PM
Romping Ratties

Thanks! I am moving them to a critter keeper today because they are just maniacs now LOL! I am confident they can eat on their own, and they have proved themselves well after I offered some food. I am still giving the milk, but offering it to them in soaked bread. They can also go to the bathroom on their own now for the most part so no more of that either. hehe One of the babies was searching around on my hand today for food and bit me LOL! Little stinker!

OOh veggiegirl, where abouts do you live? I lived in Murrieta right off the freeway near the Ralps grocery store. My father lived just down the way in Temecula, so we were right on the border. Now my father and my granpa live together in Lake Elsinore. I bet it's very hot there where you are right now!

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 06:27 PM

HI! I just found this site and I just registered I need HELP!!! I just found three baby mice with no hair what did you feed your babies??? What kind of milk? PLEASEPLEASE let me know Thanks!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 06:45 PM
Adolescent Pup

this is from 2004 :/

KAT
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-14-2010, 01:13 PM
Newborn Pup

how do u take care of them ??

Casper & Taco ,Angel are the Best

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-14-2010, 09:01 PM
Playful Pup

What a big job! What cuties!

Tags
baby mice