I am having issues!!!!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 11:23 AM Thread Starter
Dinky Gerbilelbow

Red face I am having issues!!!!!

Hi there as most of you know i have quite a lot of rats........well the last couple of days i have been experiencing something with my Smudge that i have never experieced before!
He starts squealing like he is being eaten alive and seriously it scares the life out of me everytime he does it i have never heard a squeal like it before.......when i go to him expecting to find him being beaten up he is all by himself in the corner of the cage lying on his back waving all 4 paws in the air with his mouth wide open.......any idea what it might be thats making him doing it coz he is clearly not being hurt by any of the others????

*Carla*
I
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
my animals!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 02:27 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Wow, that is so weird! I don't know what could be wrong with him. Is he having trouble keeping his balance? Try to watch him to see if everything seems normal (movement, eating, drinking, poo, pee, energy, sight, hearing). Try manipulating all his limbs to see if he's in pain at all. If anything is off, get him to the vet. Good luck hun!

Maureen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Six new rats
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 02:39 PM
I am allergic to maths

I agree with mtmaughan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 12:32 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Night terrors?

i also agree to have him checked out, and maybe spend more one on one time with him out side of the cage and see if he does it when you are around

[/CENTER]

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 05:24 AM Thread Starter
Dinky Gerbilelbow

I am gonna have him out the majority of the night tonight to see if he does it when i have him out but he has already done it this morning its soooooo weird. I have never heard a noise like it before it sends a chill down my spine. He is normal apart from that eating,drinking,pee,poo etc and he is bright eyed and playing and affectionate as always so it makes no sense.....his balance is a bit off but i am used to that he has a head tilt from an inner ear infection when he was a baby...........it isnt any worse than usual so i am really stumped as to what is wrong with him,i am gonna observe him tonight then if he does it whilst out with me its off to the vets tomorrow...........

*Carla*
I
my animals!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 03:51 PM
Rat Rescuer and Hospice

It scould be a seizure Are the waving legs random and jerky?

If not someone could be terrorizing him in the cage. But usually they freeze on their back with their mouth open and yes the most blood-chilling screams and shrieks can be heard. The only thing not adding up are those moving 4 feet.

To the world you are only one person, to your rat you are the World
- anonymous -

The Rat Shack

Last edited by lilspaz68; 04-14-2009 at 03:53 PM.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 03:15 AM
Zippy Chickenshorts

Awwww, I don't know what could be wrong. My Pepper is so scared of Arthur, that Arthur only has to be a few inches away from Pepper and Pepper will start shreiking and jumping about as if his life depended on it because for some reason he is absolutly terrified of Arthur, but other that that I've never experianced something like that.
I hope it's nothing to serious, and he stops soon, good luck!!
xxxx

Pipi my hamster

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

RIP Arthur 10/04/08-22/11/09
RIP Pepper 13/01/08-15/03/10
RIP Husky 10/04/09-20/03/10
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 05:24 AM Thread Starter
Dinky Gerbilelbow

I am starting to think maybe he has a brain tumor or something that is making him do it? He didnt do it whilst out with me last night but has done it 2 or 3 times since??? Nobody else in the cage is anywhere near him when he does it though thats what i cant figure out plus he has no cuts etc to suggest he is being picked on? He has been chewing one of his feet too though and now has a cut on the pad of his foot where he bit it himself? Looks like its gonna be a trip to the vets!!!

*Carla*
I
my animals!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 07:35 AM
I am allergic to maths

Awww, get well soon smudge!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 08:19 AM
Fashion Animal Freak :)

Im sorry carla, but could it be a mental issue?
Just what ever happens babes im here!!!
Ok?

xxx

Rip Novo, Mummy Loves You x
"To close your eyes will not ease another's pain."