I dont know what to do! HELP! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 05:18 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

I dont know what to do! HELP!

Ok I've had my new rat for a little over a week I bonded with her and every thing then I introduced Dutchess and Muffin they got along great! But, now dutchess doesnt want anything to do with me! She nipped at me this morning! What am I to do!!!! I dont wanna take her back shes so cute!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Muffin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Dutchess

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 07:35 PM
Playful Pup

See, I want to get Munchie a friend, but that's why I'm afraid to. I've been told by lots of people that they'll bond with each other instead of to me and my bf.

Starting new diet...Wish me luck...Any others dieting, let me know, we can be each other's support group!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 07:40 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Play Play

My boy Nazarath live with his 3 sons and Me and him are tight tight tight, I'm also very close with my 7 girls . One thing you can do that I used to suck up to them is treats. They may have their rat buddy, however they don't have acess to the Yogies!! Lol You can also try play time with both of them on our bed or in a play area. Also when giving treats you can teach them to come to their name! Nazy does great but his sons have some work lol.
I wouldn't worry too much, Your hunnies will still bond with you if you keep playing with them. Play time together and alone is always good , and remember the treats. However no too many treats or else you'll have some fat ratties, Healthy treats are Always good . Think of it kind of like us, we bond with more than just one person ratties do to . You girl is proble just super excited to have a new friend.
Btw you have some beautiful rats!!!

My Kids:6
, 5
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

Note: My hammocks are not exclusively for rats

Last edited by uMgaziRatRescue; 04-29-2007 at 07:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 08:14 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Thanks... like my rat muffin was being a brat OMG I would go to grab Dutchess out and she would push her out of the way to get my attention to her ONLY but she will get use to it sooner or later. There finally sleeping in the same bed together! YES!!!! I hope they bond to me soon!! I miss holding them !!!

Muffin

Dutchess

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 10:25 PM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

Also remember that if they bite and don't draw blood, they're just tasting you.

Rats have very crappy eye sight.

*Missy*
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 10:26 PM
RAT ADDICT

I agree.Just keep offering treats and lots of playtime.They should bond to you.

It could be also the new one is territorial towards her own home.Maybe out and away from the cage,she will be better.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 10:30 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

I didnt know that she did like bite me but she didnt draw blood hmm..... i didnt know that! kewl I like this site!!! you guys help me out so much!!

Muffin

Dutchess

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 02:16 AM
RAT ADDICT

Oh yeah,I guess I should of mentioned that as well.Biting and nipping are two different things.Biting is well,hard and usually draws blood and is from fear,aggression or protecting.Nipping is done in play,when you have food on your hands and also young rats nip alot during play or to taste test.So she most likely nipped...this usually is nothing to worry about,unless she keeps at it or gets harder!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 05:04 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

thanks for everyones help!

Muffin

Dutchess

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 01:14 PM
Will It Ever Change?

yes hun don't worry, my timmy is bonded to me, but peter is bonded to timmy lol and timmy ALWAYS pushes peter out of the way so he can get ot me first

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 02:47 PM
Adolescent Pup

Guinevere (my new girl) is the first to come out and see me, but Juliet is the first to come sit in my hand. Juliet is more wild now, but when I cup her and rub her head she calms down and cuddles. Guinevere always cuddles. She lays flat and looks like a little fatty patty.

Just keep holding them. She is probably just happy to have another rat after her week of QT. Give her time, she will come around.
My rats nip all the time. Sometimes it is scary but they are just playing or tasting. I have never had it actually hurt or draw blood.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

There doing a bit better... It was funny during QT Dutchess Would go nuts every time she would hear muffin squeek at me to get my attion it was so cute!!!
Well The kewl thing now is muffin has Dutchess squeeking at me when I walk bye so now they both do it at the same time SO CUTE!!!!!

Muffin

Dutchess