I don't know what to get! - Page 3 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 02:46 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Whew! I am glad nothing bad happened to him, so I will watch it. Luis looked so sweet in that thumbnail photo from YouTube. Nice.
Yes, I know all about Mr. Jingles from the Green Mile movie, I loved that little mouse! I wish ratties could live that long too.

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and Maximus
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Play Strong and be at Peace

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

You will always be with me, my sweet boys. I will see you at the Bridge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 08:24 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Thank you so much Vladina! I will deffinetley show my mom those videos!

i love my babies

My dwarf
Minnie

My teddy/black bear
Pickles

My German Shepherd Dog, Reba

My Palomino horse, Buiscet

post #33 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 08:37 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

You are so welcome! I also liked the suggestion someone else made on the forum about taking your mom to a pet store where they have rats so she can see them (wish your dad could go too!) and even asking one of the pet store people who might know about rats to talk with you and your mom. Just a thought! (Unless your local pet store has dorks who work there that don't know much about rats...then forget it, ha ha)

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 09:37 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Yeah I'm actually planning on doing that soon! I think I'll show her my friends rat though, and have her hold it then i could have my friend, her mom, and myself telling my mom what great pets they are! Her mom didn't want to get a rat but finally did, and now loves them. Maybe she could tell my mom the story and stuff!

i love my babies

My dwarf
Minnie

My teddy/black bear
Pickles

My German Shepherd Dog, Reba

My Palomino horse, Buiscet

post #35 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 11:08 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

That is a great idea! Having your friend's mom talk to your mom is probably the best thing you could do. Same thing happened with my mom. When I had my two boy rats, my mom was afraid of them, etc, and explained that her generation (my mom is 73) always thought of rats as vermin (wild rats in the barn, etc) and her generation never thought of rats as pets. She warmed up so fast though with my boys. She ended up falling in LOVE with them. She cried when they passed away and told me she had gotten sooo attached to them. She loved to babysit them and bring them treats, and hold them. A complete turnaround from how she was brought up regarding what she thought of rats. You can tell your mom this story too.

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

post #36 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 11:19 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

P.S. Something else to tell your mom AND your dad, is a common analogy that has been quoted on this forum and that my small animal vet said to me once about pet rats. "Comparing a domesticated pet rat to a wild rat is like comparing a wild wolf to a pet poodle." It really is true! Two different things!

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

Tags
ferret, gerbil, pets, rat