Photos! I Got my new babies - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

I Got my new babies

I gots them finally. I'm so excited. they are so friendly. they are 4 boys because they didn't have any girls when i went in to get them. But the 4 boys have been raised together so they all get along.

The blond girl in the pics is a friend of mine. They're names are kevin, jake, robbie, and dan. named them after best guy friends/crushes/and my bff's boyfriend

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pet's name: Candy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pet's name: Lilly Bud
Pet's name:
Baby
Pet's name: Pinkie
Pet's name: Lilly Pad

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 03:59 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

oh i also had a question... one of the mice sneezes a little and also has really small eyes compared to the other mice. my theory is that the pet shop i got them at used shavings as bedding and aren't mice allergic it savings. so i'm hoping Jake's sneezing will clear up soon. and i was wondering if anyone could tell me why his eyes could be so small i'll try to get a comparison pic asap.

Also you may have noticed in the pics that some of their fur isn't smooth and on one i've found a little bit of patchyness is this from the move? i didn't notice it this morning when i went to get the little guys... but then again i wasn't alowed to handle them only to look while the pet store guy handled them. they are really friendly though

Pet's name:
Baby

post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 04:54 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

Aw they are so so cute! I love their long fur and how do you tell them apart? Well I think that the mouse will be fine once he gets used to his new home, they sometimes sneeze like that and its usually normal.

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 05:14 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

nifty. Well Jake has a little notch in his ear and really small eyes. Robbie is the darkest one, Dan and kevin get mixed up all the time but i think i remember dan being the lightest colored one and kevin having the most belly color besides robbie

Pet's name:
Baby

post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 05:33 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

aww cool!

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
1 girl dog~Kusa

post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 07:05 PM

If the sneezing persists it might be a UTI. If it doesn't clear up i'd take him to a vet and get an antibiotic.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 07:48 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

he seems to have cleared up i havn't heard or seen him sneeze today

Pet's name:
Baby

post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 12:20 PM
RAT ADDICT

They are cute.

Excessive sneezing is a sign of an illness,but if it is just a little bit,you don't need to worry.Any discharge from the eyes/ears/nose or mouth is also a sign of illness.

Do all four live together?
Male mice often will fight to the death,so if they start fighting and there is blood,you will have to seperate them.It is possible,but rare for male mice to live in harmony.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 01:00 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

yes they live together but have lived that way since they were born because they were born at the place i got them. They seem to do alright. they onl;y seem to get squeeky and agitated with each other if they step on each other when waking up from a nap.

Pet's name:
Baby

post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 02:58 PM

They are so cute. Makes me really want another rat.
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 04:05 PM
RAT ADDICT

I had male mice live together from birth with no problems...but it doesn't always work out so nice! Good luck with them.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 04:32 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

they are a little smelly is there anything i can do to eliminate the small they are causing my room to have?

Pet's name:
Baby

post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 06:02 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

You can't eliminate the smell, but if you put baking soda in the bottom of the cage that can help. Your cage will probably get pretty stinky because males are very much more stinkier than females.

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
1 girl dog~Kusa

post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-16-2009, 08:11 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

well mom noticed the smell. so its either i have to git rid of them or find a way to eliminate the smells so i'm going to try calling the pet place and see if they will do a switcheroo for 4 girls and take back the boys

Pet's name:
Baby

post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-16-2009, 10:18 AM
Fashion Animal Freak :)

Thats not very nice.. either get "rid", then wanting to swap for females.
The way you wrote that makes you sound like you dont really care.

Rip Novo, Mummy Loves You x
"To close your eyes will not ease another's pain."

Tags
babies, mice, mouse