Photos! I Have My Albino Ratty..In An Unexpected Way. >.< - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-10-2009, 10:32 PM Thread Starter

I Have My Albino Ratty..In An Unexpected Way. >.<

As my camera is charging, I'll tell you the story of Little Munchkin (not his real name, he's just unnamed as of now). Pictures later, though.

Aleshia, a friend of mine that usually takes in rescues, called me out of the blue and asked if I could take one of them in for her. She asked if I could go with her also, and so I went along to help out.

We took this litter from an 8 year-old girl. Her mom found them in a shoe box under her bed and called Aleshia. She said that she had been feeding them cheese and bread. >.< I suppose her mom brought home a pregnant rat, and the little girl wanted to keep the babies...

The girl told me that Munchkin is "retarded". They were weaned from their mom, and Aleshia took the girls (all girls except mine...I hope), and I took in Munchkin. There were only 5 rats...so I hope it was just a small litter...

Munchkin was a lot nicer and calmer then I expected.. I think its just from malnutrition. He didn't seem very thin, so hopefully they weren't down there long. I took him to the vet immediately, who said that he was relatively healthy, just in need of some love and good food. She gave me some type of vitamin supplement to put in his water for a few days. I'm so happy he's okay in that aspect...!

So he's now resting in his own little abode. He looks terribly lonely though, and with the vet's good wishes, said that I could introduce him to Remmy and Jacopo tomorrow.

He's such a little boy...He's the size of my other rat's heads! I held him for about an hour, as he slept in the palm of my hand, against my heart. He nibbles on my finger nails, and gave me licks. He looked so cute eating a bit green pasta noodle... It took him a long time to figure out what a Yogie was. He bruxed once, even...

My mom's going to kill me. But I pay for everything when it comes to my rats. I couldn't leave him, and Aleshia has no room for boys (she has 20 girl rats, and no other cages for a boy). And while I support the pet store, and know they'd care for him, I just couldn't leave him.

I'm worried he's NOT a boy. I'm maybe 60% sure that he is, but it's hard to tell....I'll post a picture of the nether-regions for you experts to help me.

Last edited by Khodieylia; 10-10-2009 at 10:41 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 12:10 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

awww i hope he's really a boy! and that you post pictures REAAAAAL soon
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 12:35 AM
Amateur Zookeeper

Congrats! Aww I cannot wait for pictures of (I hope) him!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 09:37 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Cong-RATS! on the new addition to your family.

I hope he's doing well. Looking forward to pics! I love babies!!

"The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath."
~W.C. Fields
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 09:42 AM
RAT ADDICT

Awww...congRATS!!! I also cannot wait for pictures!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 01:18 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Congratulations! (I'm sure your mom will adore him, too!)

Max (5/28/00-1/9/12)
Russell (7/22/09-11/27/11)
Stanley (7/22/09-3/15/12)

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 01:51 PM Thread Starter

Sorry about no pictures. I seemed to have got food poisoning last night. So I've been up all night vomiting and not sleeping. >.<

I'm feeling a lot better, and I'll have pictures up today. Thanks everyone! He's so little I worry he's a mouse!
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

Alrighty...

Pictures for you all to "ooo!" at.

I'm sorry they're blurry...But here's some crotch-shots. I hope someone can help me figure it out. >.<

There's a few! If I feel better today, I'll introduce Remmy and Jacopo to him, and take more pictures.

Any idea on naming? I tend to pick names from famous artists. But any thing would work!
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 02:54 PM
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

He is deffinatlly a rat. he looks to be only 3 weeks maybe 4 he could be a runt. It looks like in one picture you could have a boy, But they are blurry and I would say its a girl.
here are some famouse Artist names. boy and gril incase its either or.
Leonardo Da Vinci
Pablo Picasso
Michael Angelo
Vincent Van Gogh
Andy Warhol
Joan Miro
Norman Rockwell
Sophie Anderson
Anne Geddes
M.C. Escher
Rene Magritte
Rembrandt
Lavinia Fontana
Angelica Kauffmann

Thats about all I can think of right now. Good luck with your new ratty. Although Munchkin still sounds like a cute name for him or her.
Diamond

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 02:58 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

she already has a hairless rat named davinci

I would also say it's a girl, but the pics are blurry! at that age you should already be able to see testies... so don't hesitate to pinch lighlty the skin under the penis to see if you feel any!
If there's a little hole riiiiight under the "penis" then it's probably a vagina! haha

this might help you:
http://www.ratz.co.uk/sexingrats.html
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 02:59 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

ps: SOOOO CUTE AND TINY!! you need to start a girl cage haha
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 03:18 PM
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

oh ok she is the one with the devinci. cool There are some many on here with rats that I am getting confussed, Plus I'm still sorta new here.
Well good luck with it. If you can get a better pic they we might be able to tell but I'm leaning more twards female.
Diamond
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 07:22 PM Thread Starter

Yes my Da Vinci, Rembrandt, and Jacopo...Hmmm..what do you guys think about Donatello? Or maybe Picasso?

I'll go ahead and check real fast..cause it LOOKS like little bumps are there, but as you've all said, it's hard to tell!

Edit// After fondling my poor baby rat, I believe I could feel tiny bumps of what could become the testicles. There's a noticeable space between the booty and, hopefully, penis! He's just so young and little, I'm not used to it!

Edit Two//

I also forgot to mention, I introduced them. Everything went very well, and the two boys were very gentle.

Makes me happy they took to each other so well. Munchkin's so little, I worried about everything! He only squeaks when the others try to take his noodle from him.

Last edited by Khodieylia; 10-11-2009 at 07:35 PM.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 09:40 PM
RAT ADDICT

Squee! What a cutie!!
Kinda looks female to me too,but since the pictures are blurry it is hard to tell.The baby is older then 3 weeks.Maybe 4-5 weeks? My Armin was about 6 weeks when I got him and not much bigger then your newbie.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 11:14 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

Oh my, what a cutie! =] I love his size...so young...so cute!

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie