I love my rats - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-05-2008, 09:50 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

I love my rats

I'll be honest, I know it's "not right" to have favorites, but I had a really close bond with my first two rats Zorro and Hercules. I always loved Jack and Apollo because they were (and are) so cute and sweet. But nothing is quite like your very first rats. They were the loves of my life. And with all their health problems they took the majority of my attention, especially toward the end of their lives.

Now that Zorro and Herc are gone, I'm really getting to know Jack and Apollo. Like I said, I always loved them, I don't want anyone to think that I ignored them or anything. But I did sort of lump them together as a pair. It was the big boys and the babies when I had all four. I have much more time now to devote to them, so I've begun to spend a lot of one-on-one time with them. I'm having a great time getting to know them individually.

I loved having a big, squirmy pile of four rats, and at first it felt really lonely to go back down to only two. But I forgot how precious it is to be able to spend enough time with pets to develop a really deep bond.

That's all, I just wanted to share my love for my boys.

Maureen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Six new rats
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-05-2008, 10:51 PM
RAT ADDICT

Awww...sweet.
I totally know what you mean!
Some rats are just really special! For example,my recently departed Ninja! We had a very tight bond.I had him and then Rascal and Kahlua...well I always loved Rascal and Kahlua,but Ninja was my little man.Once he passed,I have gotten to know Kahlua and Rascal better.They were never neglected (as you mentioned about yours),but since Ninja was a lone rat...I kinda focused much more on him,plus he was on antbiotics.

I now have 3 boys and they live together...none are favorites,they are all well loved...but I know what you mean,about special rats and rats that just stand out,as I had a few.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-05-2008, 10:51 PM
RAT ADDICT

Haha...seems kinda rambly! My post I mean.
But I understand what you mean...

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-06-2008, 04:05 AM
Zippy Chickenshorts

awwww, thats sooo nice
I know we shouldn't have favourites to, but it is very hard not to, I do agree, at the moment Pepper really has my heart, however, he seems to be the one going down hill
Anyways, thats another thread I'll do soon...

Pipi my hamster

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

RIP Arthur 10/04/08-22/11/09
RIP Pepper 13/01/08-15/03/10
RIP Husky 10/04/09-20/03/10
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-06-2008, 07:29 PM

Ya my rat Daisy is so sweet when I open the cage door she will climb into my cupped hands and just rest and snuggle with me