Photos! I REALLY REALLY need your guys advice - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-24-2011, 10:01 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

I REALLY REALLY need your guys advice

So my baby girl Luna died on Saturday(1-22-11). She was sick for quiet a while and she just couldn't breath and suffocated to death. It was horrible, she was my baby, my child. We are burying her tonight.

But what I want to know is what to do with her sisters. I love them both very much and I don't want them to be sad but for the past two days they haven't been themselves. I know that they are say that she past but what can I do to help them. They have gotten up and moved around and eaten and drank but other then that they have just laid their with each other. Also, when I go to pet Logan, Gwen grabbed my hand with her teeth, she kinda lunged. She didn't bite, she just kinda grabbed my hand with her teeth, she also does it if I touch her. Why would she do that? Is she scared that Imma take away Logan also? Are they mad at me?

I'm really devastated, I can't really put into words how I feel, I love all my girls but Luna was mine, I picked her out, she was most attached to me, she was the lover of the bunch. So loosing her really...sucked...and I don't want to loose my two other babies. So I would really love all your guys help, advice, anything.

Thank you all very much.

(PS. I know I have this same one in another category)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 066.jpg (82.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 26517_1429024286284_1253139151_31219273_2658200_n.jpg (44.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Month 3 (41).jpg (62.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg luna.jpg (52.8 KB, 5 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-24-2011, 11:09 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

I am very sorry about Luna. I know you asked about her sisters, but as a side note, did you take Luna to the vet? If so, were they unable to help her at all? I was thinking that if she really could not breathe and was suffocating, a vet would have put her to sleep so she would not suffer. How long was she "suffocating" at home before she died??
Her sisters are surely grieving and they are going through the adjustment of losing Luna. I am sure that others on the forum will have good advice for you. Again, I am truly sorry.

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and Maximus
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Play Strong and be at Peace

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

You will always be with me, my sweet boys. I will see you at the Bridge.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-24-2011, 11:17 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Yes I have taken her to the vet she has been fine but she went down pretty fast in the last couple of weeks and she was only suffocating for a little bit, Im not sure the exact amount of time, My husband had come out in to the living room and saw that something was wrong so he called me to come out, and then like...maybe a couple min later she was gone. I was distressed at the time so...I didn't really keep count of the min/sec. Also, I'm not completely sure that she was suffocating, that's just what it looked like to me. I'd rather not go in to detail...

If it would be ok I would rather not be lectured on not taking her to the vet. My vet has a if they are eating and drinking and sleeping and all that then they are fine till they go and she was. I already feel like S***t b/c she was sick when she died but I did what I would, she was comfortable until she went. It was unexpected and not at the same time.

I really don't want to sound rude but I don't want to be lectured.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-24-2011, 11:23 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Sorry, I was not lecturing at all. Just wanted to know if she had been to the vet or not.

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-24-2011, 11:25 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

I'm very sorry, I didn't mean to sounds mean at all. Yes she has been to the vet a couple of times over her life time.

I just don't like being lectured and that wasn't completely to you it was to anyone. I know I sound like a B***h right now, but I'm really not.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-24-2011, 11:36 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

It's okay, I know you are hurting right now, and I know personally how it feels to lose a furry baby who is your child. I am so sorry for your loss.

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-25-2011, 12:09 AM
Playful Pup

I'm so sorry for your loss. When Squee died last November his cagemate Bion has never been the same. They were inseperable when he was alive. Squee would go as far as to chase the cats off the couch so Bion and him could play without Bion getting spooked by the cats. I miss those days, it's like he's a whole different rat, but I guess I can't blame him for that. Rats share close bonds with each other, and it'd only make sense for them to show grief in their own way and form. Give them some time and I'm sure they will come around. At least they have eachother and were not left in solitude. Maybe some treats will relax the nipper.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-25-2011, 12:28 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

She not biting or nipping she just like grabbing you with her teeth, like she would with her paw but with her teeth, I can feel them but there's no pressure.

Also, Luna always kept the cats away from the cage, it was kinda cute, if she was out of the cage and the cats came to close to one of her sisters or the cage or me she would come and chase them away , it was adorable.