Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
6K views 34 replies 9 participants last post by  Nara 
#1 ·
I have been looking at all the mice pictures for the past few months and have been thinking a lot about the two girls I used to have. They were so fun and cute, ive been thinking about getting some more.

I looked on petfinder classifieds, but there are none. I looked on the actual Petfinder shelter ads and only found one shelter close to me that has some for adoption.

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=7476725

They are really cute girls! I emailed them to see if they are still available and to get an adoption application. The only problem I see is that they are a couple hours away and that they are only open on weekdays. I work 8-5 mon - friday!

#27 ·
pinkie1205 said:
Actually my mice and rats get the same food. They all get Mazuri blocks. And yes, mice do like people food like rats do, just in very small portions.

They'll even fight over it like rats do...hahaha
Well yeah,lab blocks are important for both rats and mice.But I mean in the wild,mice have more grains and stuff in their diet then a rat.

My mice are actually not very fussy when it comes to people food.Well it depends on what it is.They don't like cheese believe it or not,the rats do...they don't really like pasta,they will eat part of it,but leave most.My mice seem content with their regular diet,some veggies (they like carrot and peas) and they like apple...but alot of other things,they won't touch...unlike some greedy rodents (the rats :D ).

It probably depends on the mouse tho...however it seems all of my mice were this way.

#30 ·
Well, here is a picture. There are only 2 and they are males. They are cute little pink eyed whites.

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=7616898

What do you think? Im worried about having to separate them, if they don't get along. I was also hoping to maybe add more mice in the future and you can't really do that with males right?

#32 ·
Unfortunatly the site would not load for me...but I am sure they are cute!

With male mice,you porbably won't be able to add new guys to the group...males are very territorial and fight alot.I only ever successfully raised/housed male littermates...never ever had the luck of adding a new male to the groups I had.Even with males that live together,you may have a few fights break out every now and again.Never say never,but in most cases...males can't live together.

#34 ·
Ambieruns10 said:
I think I might just wait for some girls to adopt. I will probably go visit these guys first though. Here is a picture of them Vanilla Rat.
They are really cute!

I am sure if you visit them,you may just fall in love with them and adopt them! :D If not,I am sure you will find a pair of miceys soon!

I personally like female mice better then males,but like male rats better then female rats.Teehee...

#35 ·
I'm the same way Lisa. I definitely love my squishy boys!

Anyway, back on topic. From what you've said so far Amber, I would suggest waiting to get girls. It's really very unlikely you'd be able to add any more boys to the group, and also fairly likely you'd have to separate the guys eventually. I'm sure you'll be happy either way though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.