Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
6K views 34 replies 9 participants last post by  Nara 
#1 ·
I have been looking at all the mice pictures for the past few months and have been thinking a lot about the two girls I used to have. They were so fun and cute, ive been thinking about getting some more.

I looked on petfinder classifieds, but there are none. I looked on the actual Petfinder shelter ads and only found one shelter close to me that has some for adoption.

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=7476725

They are really cute girls! I emailed them to see if they are still available and to get an adoption application. The only problem I see is that they are a couple hours away and that they are only open on weekdays. I work 8-5 mon - friday!

#2 ·
Aww, they're cute! I think the shelter where I got my kitties was only open during the week as well; I had to leave early from work one day and go get them. Maybe they'd be willing to make special arrangements to help find some critters a loving home! I'll keep my fingers crossed.

#4 ·
No word yet, Ill probably have to call. I just thought emailing them would be easier, so they could just send me the adoption application through email.

Anyway, im looking at cages. Look at this cage...

Its made of plexiglas and wood. It looks really nice!

#5 ·
that is an interesting set up...very creative

#9 ·
that mouse calculator is neat...but i think that it may be a bit much in terms of using space to the fullest...i used it to calculate my current cage, and it thinks i could fit 24 mice! I think it could, but that would be one cramped cage...lol

#10 ·
Mice are greyt.I have 5 right now.I hope you can adopt those guys,if not then maybe you will find another pair needing a home!

Thats a neat cage BTW!

#13 ·
It says to put linolium or something on the bottom, so it doesn't soak into the wood.

I don't know if I will make that cage, I just thought it was neat. I was thinking a rubbermade tub cage till I can make one better. That is, if I can get these mousers.

#24 ·
I know girls tend to do well in both small and large groups, but boys not so much. A pair will sometimes get along, but usually only if raised together from birth or shortly after.

I hope you get some, however many you decide you want.

#25 ·
Ambieruns10 said:
That is a good idea, thanks.

Does anyone use the plastic storage bins as a cage for your mice? Plus, are they like rats and can have human food type snacks?
I just got another mousey tonight! :D

Hopefully you get some mice! You can always look in your local papers too.I say get 2-3 females.Females are very social and get along wonderfully.Males only SOMETIMES can live together,but in most cases they will fight and sometimes to the death.I only successfully raised up male cagemates.So I would say go with females,plus they don't smell like the boys!

I have used bin cages for mice.They work,as long as there is proper ventilation.There are websites about how to make good ventilated lids for bin cages.Bins are also cheap and you can BIG ones! :D So I do reccommend them,as long as you have the right ventilation!

Mice have similar diets to rats,however they need more grains/seeds then rats.

Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.