I'm back (so is my little man Jinx) - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-03-2010, 01:30 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

I'm back (so is my little man Jinx)

Hi I'm Kara (aka luvboyrats). I used to be here all the time because I was a small time breeder and avid lover of my ratties (mostly dumbos and hairless.) I stopped breeding some time ago because there were so many rescues out there and so few people sustaining good pet homes due to the growing recession here. Then all my favorite ratties grew old and passed on within about three months of eachother. I was too heart broken to be interested in ratties for a while. Even now I don't want to look back into my profile page because of all those darling pictures of ratties no longer with us.

Anyway i have still had two birds and pug throughout and I was at a petstore buying food and supplies when I happened to catch a glimpse of a precious little hairless rattie IN THE FEEDER CAGE. Needless to say I'm back, I'm hooked, I had to get him. He is only about 2.5 inches long, seems too young to me to have been removed from his mother but does eat and drink on his own. He does sleep a whole awful lot though. He is still in the light fuzzy stage of hairless and is mostly pink with gray markings on his face back and tail. He is precious, though a bit skiddish and nippy. I'm sure being in the feeder cage no one had bothered handling him much. He is warming up to me and allowing skritches and treats. I'll post pics tomorrow. We're taking some tonight. We have named him Jinx.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-03-2010, 03:08 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

Welcome back! Can't wait to see him!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-05-2010, 12:57 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

welcome

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous