I'm back, and wondering about my rats??? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-24-2010, 08:00 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

I'm back, and wondering about my rats???

I haven't been on here in FOREVER!!! So, I've got some bad news, some good news, and some questions for y'all.

Bad news: Ginger died ): my pretty girl. I think she was lonely. I had arrange with a breeder to get a cagemate for her, being that she was my only girl and her babies were gone. One day I looked in her cage and she was just lying still. I had tried to spend a ton of time with her, but I guess it wasn't enough.

Good news: We're getting a Guinea pig, random, right?

Now for the questions:

Will a Guinea pig get along with my boys?

If yes, would it scratch Con? Being that he's hairless.

What precautions should I take with Constantine for the winter?

What are some things I can do to entertain them? I'm back at school and free time is rare!

Is there anything that I can put in their cage that will entertain them for a long time?

Do you walk your rats? I got them a harness and it isn't working very well ): no matter how tight I put it, they still manage to get out, and the rough side is facing the rat's body, so Constantine can't even use it. Waste of money!!! Is there any way I can rig up a harness with yarn or something? I'd like for them to be able to play outside some.

thank you so much!

Rat Property Laws
1. If I like it, it's mine.
2. If I've peed on it, it's mine.
3. If I can take it from you, it's mine.
4. If I had it a little while ago, it's mine.
5. If you've got something larger, it's mine.
6. If I'm chewing something up, all the pieces are mine.
7. If it's in my reach, it's mine.
8. If I saw it first, it's mine.
9. If you are playing with something and you put it down, it automatically becomes mine.
10. If it's broken or it tastes bad, it's yours.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-24-2010, 09:39 PM
Rodentologist

You shouldn't let guinea pigs and rats play together -- rats can hurt piggies badly. Also, piggies are social, like ratties, so make sure you ADOPT a pair!

We are as gods to the beasts of the fields. We order the time o' their birth and the time o' their death. Between times, we ha' a duty. - Terry Pratchett.

"Men have forgotten this truth", said the fox, "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-24-2010, 11:33 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Agreed, you would definitely need to get a pair of guinea pigs. One would be lonely and get depressed. Also, if you are going to be back at school I am not sure that you would have the time to devote the proper amount of attention to new pet additions?

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and Maximus
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Play Strong and be at Peace

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

You will always be with me, my sweet boys. I will see you at the Bridge.

Tags
anika, meow, play, rats, toys