Im getting irritated with my mouse! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 10:24 AM Thread Starter

Unhappy Im getting irritated with my mouse!

Hey guys!
Willis(my male mouse) keeps getting out of his cage, And i've bought 3 new ones but he still gets out of them all! and at the moment i am trying to pay off vet bills from 2 horses and 6 dogs, 4 cats and 2 rats! so i connot afford to buy a fish tank(even second hand ones are pricey) I dont know what do do anymore, and hes a rescue but everybody that wants to adopt a mouse always overlooks him and i cannot find him a home(but im not giving up) I dont know what to do anymore, hes already had a run in mith the new cat, so now in the night time i have to keep the cats in the kennels! I hate doing that! I dont know what to do anymore! and i have a female in with him so he isnt lonely! Please help! Im so scared he'll get hurt!
Isnt he cute!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 10:27 AM
RAT ADDICT

If you have a female in with him...your going to have babies.

Another alternative is a bin cage.
You know those cheap storage bins? They can be converted into cages.Many people use bin cages because they are cheap and roomy.Just make sure the top is well ventilated.You cut out part of the top and place chicken wire or mesh there.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 10:42 AM Thread Starter

Thanks! I will go get one right now, Also, She cant have babies
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 11:11 AM

Jessica, I don't know what it is like where you live, but around here, we have yard sales and everyone is always trying to get rid of used aquariums for around $5.00 each or so. And usually, if you tell them your story, or go with an item to trade, they will give you their aquarium. It's just an idea. There are also thrift stores to go to, newspapers that have free give aways. You might try these too. My pet store owner and I have gotten to be friends and when I am in a pinch, he will cut me a deal at times. I bet if you walked into a pet store, told them your story, I bet that they have an old unusable tank in the back that they would be willing to either give you or sell you extremely cheap. OR, even trade you for cleaning a few cages out. See, kiddo, you just need a few ideas. Keep trying. We love you and we know the love of pets and I know the lack of money. There are ways to get around it. Don't give up. I can tell that you pets. You will make it. You should name that little escape artist of yours "Hoodini"! Hee Hee.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 11:14 AM

Oh, Jessica, one more thing, when you do go shopping for that aquarium whether it be at that pet store or yard sale or whatever, be sure you put on your best smile and keep up that loving attitude. Remember that and you will get a long ways in this world. Hee hee. People love smiles!
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

haha thanks, but around here in winter, not so easy to find a yard sale or anything like that, and where i live there isnt any thrift shops around either, nor a pet shop, i would have to drive 4 hours! lol.. I should call him that!, money ussually isnt an issue, but like i said, im pretty much running a anim,al rescue in my own home with over 50 aniamals and i only own 8 of them! and i have to pay for all of their vet bills without donations!
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 01:45 PM

Jessica, Here is one more idea. Here where I live, we have a free newspaper called the Giant Nickel where you can place free ads if it is under $50.00 or under certain conditions. You could advertise under the "wanted" section for a used aquarium. Just my last idea.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 01:49 PM Thread Starter

okay, thank you for the advice
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 01:50 PM Thread Starter

Do you know anything about rats? I just posted a new post and its about a rescue, maybe you could help! Its labeled "New rescued rat, not in good shape"
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-27-2008, 02:14 AM

Jessica have you ever considered applying for nonprofit status? I'm not sure how it works where you re from. I assume they must have established nonprofit rescue groups. Here in the US you can apply for a 501c grant. Which means the government can help you with some funding and that you can legally ask the public for donations. Is there anything like that there? I'm gonna try and do some research and see if I can come up with anything.
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-27-2008, 09:23 AM Thread Starter

I dont know if we have that around here, but i will try to figure that out. That would help out SO much. Thank you for the advice!!
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-27-2008, 11:25 PM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

Maybe you should do a little research because if you are running a rescue you should know that putting a male mouse in with a female is a huge no-no unless you want babies. Also you should be able to have the funds and proper housing for the pets. I don't mean to be rude or anything but it sounds like you kind of need a little help with what you are doing.

*Missy*
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 02:59 AM

for my cages i just use the large sterlite or rubbermade containers like 60 galon size for multiple mice but they only run like 5 to 15 bucks depending on the size you get and its easy to attatch a watter bottl if its the wire hanger kind just get a nail or screw or something and heat it with a lighter then use it to melt holes in the tub where you wnt to put the watter bottle and there you go a nice roomy cheap cage and when you get rid of the mouse hten you have a handy storage bin
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-29-2008, 11:54 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkie1205 View Post
Maybe you should do a little research because if you are running a rescue you should know that putting a male mouse in with a female is a huge no-no unless you want babies. .
Im pretty sure ive already mentioned the fact that she cannot have babies.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-29-2008, 11:58 AM Thread Starter

also. Its not that i cannot Aford a tank its just i wanted to know if anybody could tell me A cheaper way. Because its not such a bad thing to save a bit of money when you have to think about so many other animals. Anyway i bought hima brand new 60 gallon tank at the pet shop. He has his two best friends in with him. Two other males. My other female has found a wonderful home My husband will be monitoring them While i am at work to make sure their isnt anyfights..

Tags
chicken wire, fish tank, pet shop, pet store