Intro advice - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Intro advice

I need some advice. I have done a couple of introductory meetings between Squid and my other boys. Squid just tries to hump them all the entire time. With Shiloh and Phineas he chases them around and never gives them a moments peace, until they finally get fed up and try to pin him down, but he is so much faster than they are that they never really get to teach him his lesson. Jack and Apollo absolutely HATE Squid. As soon as I bring him in the room they just puff up and start chattering angrily. Jack bit him in the face and he bled everywhere.

Has anyone had a rat that is so obsessed with humping? Is there a chance he might grow out of it? When Squid sees the other boys he starts humping everything in sight, including me! I'm not sure he would be able to live with Jack and Apollo because they hate him so much. He might be able to live with Phineas and Shiloh, but I don't want to separate their group of 4 because they all like each other a lot. Squid is not mean at all, and doesn't try to fight, he just wants to hump them. Should I get him neutered? What about getting another little boy that might grow up with him and just be used to the humping? I would rather he didn't have to live alone his whole life.

Maureen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Six new rats
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 01:23 PM
RAT ADDICT

I only ever had ONE rat that humped everyone and everything,including towels/clothes on the floor...but he got along with other rats.

Neutering will certainly reduce the humping.
Do you think he would accept another rat?

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 02:07 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

He is super friendly, so I think he would get along with another rat, as long as it didn't mind him humping all the time. And maybe once they got used to each other he wouldn't feel the need to hump, but who knows?

Maureen

Six new rats
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-20-2008, 08:48 AM
RAT ADDICT

If he is really friendly,then go for it!
If you got a younger male,it might not mind! Haha.Dox is living with two youngsters right now and they are constantly jumping around and all that,but nobody seems to mind.

Since you don't wanna break the group of 4 up,bringing another little boy or two (if you have the room) in wouldn't hurt.And maybe after sometime,Squid will calm down.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *

Tags
dominance, male, rats