Photos! Introducing...Layla and Juno!!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-27-2010, 11:27 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Talking Introducing...Layla and Juno!!!

So yeah. I've had them for a week now, and finally getting around to posting photos. Layla is the russian blue, and Juno is the black hooded (variagated maybe?)

Layla peeks out from inside her litter box

Layla

"What's up?"

Juno and her lovely back markings. Is she a variagated or a hooded?

tails crossed

my little sis with Layla

she's the curious one

Juno's more mellow. two seconds after this was taken she crawled up onto my shoulder

my babies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-28-2010, 12:11 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Oh my god, they are SOOOO beautiful!! Layla looks exactly like my Russian Blue, Klausse, that passed away in September. She is just such a beauty! And Juno is adorable!! They both look so sweet! So, can I come over and adopt them from you? Maybe? Okay maybe not.

Thanks for the pictures, they are awesome! It looks like Juno is a hooded, not variegated, but, someone else may correct me if I am wrong?

Congrats on your new girls!! They look very happy!

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and Maximus
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Play Strong and be at Peace

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

You will always be with me, my sweet boys. I will see you at the Bridge.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-28-2010, 12:51 PM
Zippy Chickenshorts

Aww your ratties are gorgeous Congratulations
I'm pretty sure Juno is hooded, but i'm not 100%.

Pipi my hamster

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

RIP Arthur 10/04/08-22/11/09
RIP Pepper 13/01/08-15/03/10
RIP Husky 10/04/09-20/03/10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-28-2010, 01:17 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Oh my gosh, Layla is soooooo adorable!!!! I love blue ratties! (I've never actually seen one in real life!) And Juno is definitely hooded. She looks just like my old rat, Roger, who I had in high school. They are so precious. We'll definitely need more pictures!!

Max (5/28/00-1/9/12)
Russell (7/22/09-11/27/11)
Stanley (7/22/09-3/15/12)

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-28-2010, 04:08 PM
Part of the Pack

oh that's a hooded rat for sure, Juno looks like she came from Skaven's litter without a doubt.

they are beautiful i've never seen a blue before either that's pretty awesome...

thunder, Thunder, THUNDERRATS HOOOOOO~!

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-28-2010, 04:13 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Yep, I showed Marc (my husband) the photo of Layla and he just about cried because she looks exactly like our Russian Blue, Klausse. Same whitish muzzle, same dumbo ears, same gray coat and big eyes. It is like seeing Klausse again. Made us really miss him. But so nice to see at the same time. Russian Blues are so beautiful and Klausse was such a lovey boy. Sooo affectionate. Sigh.

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-28-2010, 05:18 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

P.S. on my last post...sorry everyone for me going off on a tangent about missing Klausse. It was just so wonderful seeing Layla and her looking like my baby. Did not mean to start yakking about missing Klaussey. It is so wonderful to see your two new babies, Lyra!

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-29-2010, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

I'm so glad everyone is enjoying the pictures. ^.^ And Vlad, it's totally fine. I'm glad my pictures of Layla were able to remind you of Klausse, I know you miss him a lot. I'll be sure to continue to post pictures as Layla and Juno grow up. They're about 7 weeks old right now.

Just an update about my last thread, about the bedding. I did end up using CareFresh Ultra, but I quickly noticed that it was EXTREMELY dusty. It left a residue of white dust in the plastic bottom of the cage. And I did hear the girls sneezing. So for the time being, I switched to the bedding my sister uses for her chinchillas, Soft Sorbent bedding by Kaytee. I might end up using Aspen shavings, though.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-29-2010, 01:06 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Aww, thanks Lyra! Your photos DO make us happy. It is like seeing Klausse reborn as Layla.

My husband pointed out how ironic it was that her name is Layla because Klausse's mother was named Lala. Very close!

We will be looking forward to more pictures. And Juno is just a sweetie pie too! She is beautiful.

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-29-2010, 08:41 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

they are soooo cute!!! enjoy them
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-29-2010, 09:09 PM
Newborn Pup

They are adorable! Layla is especially cute!
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-30-2010, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

That's such a weird coincidence! :o And maybe Layla and Klausse are very distantly related. x3 From what you've said, though, their personalities are very different. Layla doesn't have much time for love and kisses, she'd rather explore wherever she can. Juno is the lover, she's content with just sitting on my shoulder. :3

You can't tell by the pictures, but Juno is quite a bit larger than Layla. But I think Layla is the alpha rat.

Last edited by lyramon; 12-30-2010 at 06:58 PM.

Tags
rats layla juno new