Introducing New Mice - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-30-2015, 10:48 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Introducing New Mice

I caught a baby female mouse about 3 Months ago. It is now full grown. She is very tame, will climb onto my hand, and I can treat her almost like a dog.
Recently she is skidish, and hides more. I am the only one she has contact with and no other disruptions.
I fear she is lonely.
I have captured two baby mice about 1 month old, about half her size. Would it be possible to introduce one to her. I've had them in a separate cage for about 2 weeks and they appear healthy, I can touch them, but have not picked them up.
I doubt she would survive back in the wild, she didn't even have her eyes open when I found her.

Just a tip, To feed baby mice use a small model paint brush, dip it the formula, they will suck on the bristles. Very easy, and no mess.

Thanks;
Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-03-2015, 07:42 PM
Playful Pup

How cool!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-03-2015, 10:56 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

It is amazing to see something that you always know as wild, sitting in your had eating.

Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-12-2015, 05:59 AM
Newborn Pup

Why do you capture baby mice? They are not meant to be pets. How do you know the mother is not looking for them? It's like taking someone's newborn baby just for self satisfaction.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-12-2015, 11:28 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

First the baby mouse I captured and raised, would not have survived the next hour alone. Her eyes weren't even open.
Second, I live in a very rural area, where mice are a a real destructive animal. I capture mice and relocate them rather than kill them. Since My mouse is all alone I figured I could introduce another mouse to her for companionship.
So you have no advice as to how to accomplish this or if it is a good idea ?

BTW, Mice at times will EAT their own babies. They do not think nor act like humans. Basically God created them for part of the food chain to clean up the environment, and to feed larger animals. Sorry but that is just nature. They do not wear little pants and shirts and work at Disneyland.

Dan

Tags
introducing new mice