I've been crazy busy but here are some *PICS* - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-22-2006, 09:39 AM Thread Starter

I've been crazy busy but here are some *PICS*

I've been so busy lately I haven't had the time to get on here an post. Along with having my rat babies I'm a volunteer with our local rescue group I finally got Molly and Maizy's cage just the way I want it YAY and I've been buying toys for them every weekend lol since I've been at Petsmart doing dog adoptions. So here are some pictures of my girlies and their newly designed cage, as well as my most recent rescue Lady I have to show her off lol she's my newest Princess!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-22-2006, 12:39 PM
RAT ADDICT

Your cage is awesome!I love it!

Are those rats rescues? They are cuties.The beige one looks scruffy tho.

Awww...what a sin.The poor dobe,what was her story?She is sooo skinny.Is she yours now?She is beautiful anyway and I am sure she will get better soon!!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-22-2006, 01:31 PM Thread Starter

Molly and Maizy aren't really rescues, I got them from petco, so I guess I rescued them from being snae food :O Lol the picture of Molly where she looks scruffy is cuz she just had a bath and was still drying. I have to bath her from time to time cuz she likes to roll in pee Lady was rescued a few days ago, I volunteer with an Animal Welfare Network and we recieved a call about a stray in a woman's yard who was near death from starvation, the woman refused to feed her cuz she didn't want her to "hang" around, sad isn't it? She's doing much better with food in her tummy but she is severly underweight! She also has infections in both eyes and we have to give her drops to help them clear up. She's been an absolute doll and I plan on keeping her for forever
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-22-2006, 03:42 PM

Aww, they're all adorable! How many levels does your cage have? I couldn't really tell from the pics. And I hope Lady continues to get better.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-23-2006, 08:32 AM Thread Starter

There are 5 levels and a tinly little "penthouse" at the top. I was likeing the penthouse idea but I have a heck of a time keeping their bedding in it lol. They like to drag it out and take it to the bottom of the cage.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-23-2006, 08:56 PM
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckabean11404
Molly and Maizy aren't really rescues, I got them from petco, so I guess I rescued them from being snae food :O Lol the picture of Molly where she looks scruffy is cuz she just had a bath and was still drying. I have to bath her from time to time cuz she likes to roll in pee Lady was rescued a few days ago, I volunteer with an Animal Welfare Network and we recieved a call about a stray in a woman's yard who was near death from starvation, the woman refused to feed her cuz she didn't want her to "hang" around, sad isn't it? She's doing much better with food in her tummy but she is severly underweight! She also has infections in both eyes and we have to give her drops to help them clear up. She's been an absolute doll and I plan on keeping her for forever
Oh..hehe...thats cute!How do they take the baths? Only 2 of my 19 rats like baths!

What a sin!I hope that Lady gets better soon.I am happy you took her in!She is beautiful.We have a beagle in the office now,Porter who came to us in bad condition (you can read about him in the dog forum) and he had infection in both of his eyes,just like Lady.He couldn't open his eyes at all when we first got him in.But now after having drops applied,his eyes are open and so bright.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *

Last edited by VanillaRat; 09-23-2006 at 08:58 PM.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-24-2006, 11:20 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Quote:
Im a lil' confused...petco is like petsmart..and petsmart doesnt sell any rodents for snake food or to be eaten ....I believe the same thing goes with petco...does someone know petco's policy?

i will hold you forever
i will stand beside you forever
keep fighting
keep breathing
hold onto me and dont let go
NEVER let go
you are my world
make it through
i pray for you

VIXEY- March 25, 1994- October 11, 2006 at 10pm
SKRAT- October 21, 2005- January 15, 2007 at 5am
BAXTER- January 30, 2007
I will love you forever, always

Next time we meet again, it will be FOREVER

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-24-2006, 11:22 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

I really love the rat house...looks nice and big! To prevent bummblefoot though, you should add something soft under their wired floor...like treated wood...or some plastic flooring, for ex, this will make walking easier on their feet

i will hold you forever
i will stand beside you forever
keep fighting
keep breathing
hold onto me and dont let go
NEVER let go
you are my world
make it through
i pray for you

VIXEY- March 25, 1994- October 11, 2006 at 10pm
SKRAT- October 21, 2005- January 15, 2007 at 5am
BAXTER- January 30, 2007
I will love you forever, always

Next time we meet again, it will be FOREVER

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 12:59 AM
私は靖巣あなたを愛してI ♥ Yasuki

I hope they are doing well, btw this is a stupid question but what are they eating?? They look like they it!!

// k a t ((d)) 猫ちゃん ☆~(ゝ。∂)
私は武井靖巣あなたをして

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeishaGirl
I hope they are doing well, btw this is a stupid question but what are they eating?? They look like they it!!
I don't think that's a stupid question, I almost asked that myself...
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 04:38 PM Thread Starter

Lol once a week I'll make them a rice cereal treat, so they go absolutely crazy for it. Molly tries to sneak the whole bowl down into the cage and keep it from Maizy

I bought them some grass mats to go on the wire of the cage, not sure if you can see them in the pictures, but they're there. I like the grass mats because when they get soiled I can just throw them in the rinse cycle of the dish washer and clean them. Actually when we bought Maizy from Petco the girl at the checkout asked if they would be pets, and when we said yeah she said she was glad they wouldn't end up as snake food. So I assume that they would sell them as snake food.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-30-2006, 11:45 AM

And anyway, there really isn't any way for them to know if you intend to use them as snake food or not...
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-30-2006, 10:51 PM
私は靖巣あなたを愛してI ♥ Yasuki

Quote:
Lol once a week I'll make them a rice cereal treat, so they go absolutely crazy for it. Molly tries to sneak the whole bowl down into the cage and keep it from Maizy

I bought them some grass mats to go on the wire of the cage, not sure if you can see them in the pictures, but they're there. I like the grass mats because when they get soiled I can just throw them in the rinse cycle of the dish washer and clean them. Actually when we bought Maizy from Petco the girl at the checkout asked if they would be pets, and when we said yeah she said she was glad they wouldn't end up as snake food. So I assume that they would sell them as snake food.
AWHH, too cute!!

// k a t ((d)) 猫ちゃん ☆~(ゝ。∂)
私は武井靖巣あなたをして

Tags
animal welfare, snake food