I've got, personality, yeah! Personality! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-20-2011, 11:25 AM Thread Starter
Official Loofah Tester

I've got, personality, yeah! Personality!

I'm interested in getting to know everyone's rats a little better. So here's an idea. Post a picture of your rat, and a little blurb describing them as an individual. Comparisons to celebrities are a plus, as are life philosophies in quotations.

I'll go first!

A Who's Who of the Alabama Ghost Boys Horde

Jeffrey
Intrepid Explorer, he leaves no crevice unsniffed, and no door untested. Possessed of rugged good looks with a practical and manly personality. He looks more and more like Indiana Jones every day...albeit more 'Crystal Skull' than 'Raiders of the Lost Ark''. This rat knows how to size up a situation and manipulate it to his advantage. Known to fake friendship if it gains him a boost up the ladder of success. Sometimes literally. Favorite quote: "Shoulders are functional, not friends."

Tucker
Reserved and Low Key, yet with a certain magnetism. He has developed into the Marlon Brando of rats. When he ambles through, smoking his cuban and settling himself at the banquet bowl, all rats take notice. He loves nothing better than overseeing all, be it from his human's shoulder, or the highest point of his porcelain throne. Favorite Quote: "A leader leads by example whether he intends to or not, usually from the comfiest hammock."

Zmei
Plush and Pleasing, this rat is a charmer. Rather cool and indifferent to his fur peeps, he relishes spending time with people instead. If a visitor walks by his cage, he is plastered to the door begging for love. If the cage is open, he's popcorning for attention, or reaching for a sleeve to climb. He is also quite aware that he is dead sexy cute. He has been described as arm candy. He's lovable, and a bit bumbling, rather like a Matthew Perry character. Favorite Quote: "All I need is love, sweet love. Love is all I need."

Black Pete
Every Rat's Friend. He is sleek and sexy; active and gregarious. He is the one rat who has never had to fight for his rank. Every rat loves him. He can be found snuggling with a different best friend each day. He /is/ Ferris Beuler. Favorite Quote: "Hey Brah. Outstaaaaaanding."

Skinner
Fearless and Cheeky. This young ratty is bold and shameless in claiming or defending what he owns or wants. He loves the people because people are where the action is. If he were a celebrity, he'd be Michael Palin as Cardinal Ximinez. "Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!" And yet his favorite quote would be: "Mine is not to ask why, is mine is because I say is mine."

Melon
Shy and Bossy. This little guy has a lot of growing up to do. He can't decide if he's leader or follower. I suspect he's going to be lording it over Skinner and everyone else when he gets a little bolder. In the meantime, he gets by on sweet smiles, dramatic bids for attention, and his tendency to love snuggling inside sleeves. He's also a slobby little rat enjoys comfort over hygiene. Rather like Elizabeth Taylor. He even comes with his own designer perfume. He believes filth is your friend. Favorite Quote: "When the zombie apocalypse comes, I may have to trip you."

Gone but not forgotten:

Windham (d. Oct. 2010)
Shy little Glutton. Windham loved rats and his hammock. He preferred them over people, and would always have to be coaxed to come join any kind of fun. Once out, he was amiable enough, but he never really overcame his sweet shyness. He was also an eater. He luuved his food and lounging. He was a wittle wat trapped in a big rat body. He was Chuckie from Rugrats. Favorite Quote: "There's nothing to fear but monsters."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hanging out in the Land of New Feetsies:
Melon, Skinner, Black Pete, Zanna, Custard, Tucker, Jeffrey, Zmei, and Windham.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-20-2011, 01:27 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Okay, well, you have outdone yourself Story...I just about fell out of my chair from awesome cuteness overload, that was just-so-freakin-fantastic! What a great idea for a new post! I LUVS your boys!! (So can I have a few of them? Maybe all of them? Please? Okay, maybe not. But I still want them.

Beautiful profiles of your boys, it was fabulous! Ratties are so awesome with their individual personalities, they deserve to be presented in their full glory. And sweet Windham, rest in peace darling boy....I am going to follow your lead and post on my sweet Klausse and Wolfgang as well. Can't wait to see other people do this too.

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and Maximus

Play Strong and be at Peace

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

You will always be with me, my sweet boys. I will see you at the Bridge.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-20-2011, 03:10 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Storyseeker, this is a super cute idea! And I absolutely love your descriptions of your gang!!!!

Here are my boys:

Russell Anthony (a.k.a. "Russell", "Russ", "Russie", "Russ-Gus" and "Little Monster")

Russell is a camera-shy sweetie pie with lots of energy and a bit of a naughty streak. He loves to jump in laps and get massages (during which he boggles like it's going out of style) as well as groom hands, feet, arms, and anything else within reach. Although he is not the alpha male, he does get tremendous pleasure out of teasing his brother. He has been known to chase after Stanley during playtime, particularly enjoying his slow-approach tactic, which involves gradually sliding up to Stanley's face, staring at him without blinking, and then quickly biting him and running away. When he is really hyper, Russell likes to purposefully do naughty things (like attempt to escape from his playpen, bite holes in random furniture/clothing, etc.) and then popcorn away when scolded. Russell also enjoys getting in touch with his feminine side, whether by feverishly building nests in his playhouse, collecting scraps of yarn for a still-unknown art project, or grooming his head so that the fur of his blaze neatly flows to one side (the left, in case you were wondering). Russell's favorite treats are Cheerios, cranberry muffins and yogurt (especially strawberry flavor).

Stanley David (a.k.a. "Stanley", "Stan", "Stannie", "Stanners" and "Porky")

Stanley is the cool-cat alpha male who likes to think he reigns over his brother with ultimate superiority. (Disclaimer: In order to continue believing this, however, he continually brushes off any and all incidents in which he may have been rolled over, bitten, stomped on, pushed, groomed incessantly, and otherwise totally embarrassed by Russell.) Stanley is a camera ham. He loves to know that there is a so-called "rat forum" on which many of his photos have been uploaded, discussed and admired. His ego has recently been greatly inflated by becoming a video persona, playing--of course--himself. Stanley is also extremely food motivated. Although he is otherwise quite content to hang out in his hammock and model his perfectly pink hands, he will--with no hesitation--make flying leaps with amazingly agile, acrobatic technique in order to get a T-R-E-A-T. (This includes one memorable episode in which, at the sound of "Dinnertime, boys!", he actually leaped out of his litter box in his cage--where he was attempting to do his business--all the way to the floor of his playpen, landing right in front of his dinner.) He has been known to grab entire dinner plates (of the 12" variety), cereal bowls, and basically every kind of utensil imaginable out of people's hands just to get the chance to chow down on some "naughty" food. Stanley's favorite treats are...um...everything.

Max (5/28/00-1/9/12)
Russell (7/22/09-11/27/11)
Stanley (7/22/09-3/15/12)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-20-2011, 04:58 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Ha ha! 5 Stars Breyer, great presentation of your boys! That was just perfect and it just solidified exactly how I always think of Russ and Stan! Too funny, and very accurate!! Love it! I figured Stanley Hands had a big ego by now, after learning that he has an adoring public on the rat forum.

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-20-2011, 04:59 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

P.S. I loved your little comment about Russell's beautiful white blaze/streak that goes to the left on his face. It has always been one of his endearing features! Love you Russ!

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-20-2011, 10:33 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Haha, Vlad, yes--Russ is quite particular about grooming his face. And Stanley, of course, is just thrilled to have attention. And food. hehehe

Max (5/28/00-1/9/12)
Russell (7/22/09-11/27/11)
Stanley (7/22/09-3/15/12)

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-21-2011, 11:25 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Food motivated, correct! Is there such a thing out there as a rat who doesn't LOVE food?

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-21-2011, 09:27 PM Thread Starter
Official Loofah Tester

LOL True that!

Stanners and RussRuss! Mwah my boys! First Stanley is a talented hand model and contortionist sleeper...now he's an aerodynamic bomb--I mean treat sniffer?

And Russell you naughty nipper boy! You need many squishes!

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-14-2011, 05:50 PM Thread Starter
Official Loofah Tester

Bump. I forgot about this thread. I wanna hear about others' rats.

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-16-2011, 01:59 AM
Adolescent Pup

Breyer, that picture of Stan in the hammock is the cutest thing I have seen in a LOOONG time. I'll have to sit down and do this for Cocoa and Gracie tomorrow after work. <3

Great information on
Great information on choosing
Great information on

Mommy to: Cocoa and Gracie (Siamese ratties), Lilly and Mercedes (fancy ratties), Minnie Mouse (dumbo eared rattie), Nova, Lucy and Titan (male Bettas), tropical 15 -and -10 gallon tanks, and a kitten named Mowgli. Plus two human kids!

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-16-2011, 03:51 AM
Newborn Pup

Apparently, I can't post pictures until I have 20 posts ... meh. I'll give this a try though!! I'll do a few of my mice, and maybe more if I can come up with good "stories". And I will add pictures to this one once I get to 20 posts..
(Dairy Queen is a broken black tan, Perignon is a Satin Champange, and Pumpkin Head is a PEW)
Dairy Queen:
Independant and aloof, not much is known about this agile,cow-colored warrior. Shunned by the mouse village for her spots, and her mysterious ability to communicate with humans, this highly intelligent and ellusive assassin will use her charm and talent to distract her owner from finishing laundry, cooking dinner, and other mundane tasks.
THE REAL STORY - Dairy Queen sometimes scuffles with her cage-mates. I am in the middle of trying to re-socialize her, because I do not want her to live alone. Despite her bullying, she's a really sweet mouse, and loves to be handled by me. I know I'll always be her friend.

Perignon: It is 1848... Meet Perignon, a young Frenchdoe with an inspirational story... Already teeny tiny as she is, little Perignon lost half her tail in an accident that occured during a riot in the French Mousielution, before she immigrated, alone, to America. It has been difficult to adjust around all the bigger, tougher American mice. But rather than return to France, she chose to stay in America to live out "the dream" and climb the of highest heights!
THE REAL STORY - Perignon is a Satin Champagne; she is so tiny that she can easily slipin and out of the cage lock, but because she's darling she chooses not to. She knows she has everything she needs there. She's really brave. She is the tiniest, but was first to crawl up my arm, and to discover all the tubes on the cage. Half her tail is gone from some idiot pet-sitter that the breeder hired a while back. It weren't me :/...

Pumpkin Head: Though only a pet store mouse, Pumpkin Head has big personality, and has big dreams for herself. She even has a job: she runs on the wheel as fast as she can, and holds her strong tail up high as an antenna to power our cable T.V.!! She has thick fur, especially around her ankles, they are her "magic pajamas" and she wears them everywhere she goes! She's the boss of the cage and isn't afraid to assert herself. Her only weakness is Cheerios on a string... or earwax that she picked out with her hind paw.
Hey... we all put our pajamas on one paw at a time, right?
THE REAL STORY - That is the real story, accept for the cable thing, of course. Pumpkin Head is interesting enough, to say the least, without my having to make up a story xD. She's such a silly little mouse. She loves running on her wheel, to the point it is run downand noisy. She and I like to play what we call "The Smile Game", kind of an odd version of peek-a-boo where if she sees you smiling at her, she will hide her face behind your thumb, then peek to see if you are still doing it. She will then start sniffing at you, and start smiling herself! She's super-smart and personable.

Last edited by Mus Musculus; 05-16-2011 at 04:05 AM.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-16-2011, 03:57 AM
Newborn Pup

Sorry to double post, but the way we describe our pets almost sounds like a pet singles or dating website xD You're rats sound very attractive to my meeces!!
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-16-2011, 12:45 PM
Adolescent Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mus Musculus View Post
Sorry to double post, but the way we describe our pets almost sounds like a pet singles or dating website xD You're rats sound very attractive to my meeces!!
ROFL that's too funny. I need a decent amount of time to do this, hopefully after I get the kids fed and dressed. =)

Great information on
Great information on choosing
Great information on

Mommy to: Cocoa and Gracie (Siamese ratties), Lilly and Mercedes (fancy ratties), Minnie Mouse (dumbo eared rattie), Nova, Lucy and Titan (male Bettas), tropical 15 -and -10 gallon tanks, and a kitten named Mowgli. Plus two human kids!

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-16-2011, 03:59 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Mus, that was a GREAT post, so wonderful to read! It felt like a cool program on the Biography Channel or something...profiles of the three mice and their lifestyles, talents and dreams. Loved it so much! You should write mice novels!
Your babies sound SO precious. Can't wait to see pictures of them!

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

Tags
rat personalities