Jaffa - June 2008 to Sept. 27, 2010 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-27-2010, 06:39 PM Thread Starter
Rat Rescuer and Hospice

Jaffa - June 2008 to Sept. 27, 2010

Jaffa was from HVRR in Michigan. It all worked out that Kaia had a LOT of babies, and a local friend was driving up through the states to go to a sporting event and was able to meet a transport and pick up babies for people in Toronto and vicinity.
My first sight of my unnamed HVRR girls...the PEW became Jaffa, and the hoodie became Reese, Honorary Sugah’s. LOL

Jaffa was soo tiny, but always licky..sorta...she would get so excited she would nip, then lick, nip, then lick..haha

I called her my little huff n’ puff...a territorial girl, always rubbing and huffing away LOL

Jaffa beside tiny little Sweetie the matriarch of the cage. Sweetie wanted the lab block, Jaffa wanted hands to lick

Jaffa loved tilty Fred and would cuddle with him all the time. She was an anxious girl and often would pounce on a rat she wasn’t sure of.

Unfortunately someone fought back

At this point I ended up splitting up the family, the very gentle rats stayed together and Jaffa, Reese, Tepeu, 2 Cheeses and believe it or not Pocky ended up together. But she still wasn’t totally happy there. Then my lady contracted the Sendai Virus that hit my colony and the fight for her life began.

She ended up moved in with my other very sick ladies, Emily, Carina and Maline. Being the youngest she bounced back the best but there were still many scary moments. Finally my nervous, rude girl was content with her new and much older family. It took a horrible illness for her to be happy.

Then I gave her Althea the young little whippersnapper who adored Jaffa, and Jaffa loved her right back. Sadly one by one my older ladies left us until it was only Carina left

And then Xanthe joined the little gang. Carina passed soon after her arrival.

Jaffa was having a lot of relapses and I knew her time was short with me. She stressed so easily with teeth trims, and would open-mouth gasp and I couldn’t put her through any more. We had a wonderful weekend, with treats, special meals, tons of running and out time, and I let her go with love on a high note.
Enjoying her last breakfast with gusto.

To the world you are only one person, to your rat you are the World
- anonymous -

The Rat Shack

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-27-2010, 11:33 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Lilspaz,
I am so, so sorry about Jaffa. The pictures were wonderful and it is always so nice to see ratties with such blessed lives full of love and fun. I have not been on the forum for over a week as Marc, my husband, and I have been going through mourning of our own, as our beloved Russian Blue, Klausse, has left us also. It happened last Saturday, on the 18th and I have not been able to visit the forum to talk about it yet, but soon I am going to put together a photo memorial for him and post it on the forum. But for now, I at least wanted to let you know how sorry I am about Jaffa and to let you know that I finally do know how it feels to lose a baby.
I will talk with you soon when I finish my photos of Klausse.

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and Maximus

Play Strong and be at Peace

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

You will always be with me, my sweet boys. I will see you at the Bridge.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 07:56 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

Another beautiful girl and a beautiful story. I am always sad to see these posts, but in a way they always make me smile, too, to see so much love for these little ratties. RIP, Jaffa.

Max (5/28/00-1/9/12)
Russell (7/22/09-11/27/11)
Stanley (7/22/09-3/15/12)