Lady and Bug's Vet Visit - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-17-2010, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Lady and Bug's Vet Visit

Well, the girls had a vet visit today. They've got the beginnings of an Upper Respiratory Infection. So the doctor gave me doxy-whatever and told me to give it to each of them twice a day.

I was so proud of the girls! They were so well behaved, Bug only hated me for about 15 minutes, Lady was her normal self.

UNTIL WE GOT HOME. I decided it was meds time. They had other plans. So I tried to force-feed it to them, that didn't work. What I ended up doing was putting the respective dosages on cheerios and give it to them like that.

Any advice on giving medicine?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
x 2 (Lady and Bug)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

x 2 (Scooter and Tinkerbell)

x 12 (praying mantises, no smilie for it)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 05:06 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

awww!
poor ladies!
If the doc gave you a seringue to give the meds, take the dose from the bottle, dip the tip in maple syrup or corn syrup just to get them to lick off the medicine from the seringue!
Otherwise I think with cheerios is fine... perhaps empty the dose in a spoon and mix it with a drop of syrup and make sure they lick ALL the mixture.
That's the only thing you gotta make sure they take the ENTIRE dose!