Latest Rat/Mouse updates? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 145 (permalink) Old 11-11-2010, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Latest Rat/Mouse updates?

It's been pretty quiet around here lately, so I thought I'd start a thread for people to update us on their furry family members! I just got back from Joann Fabrics, where they're having a major sale, and bought more than 4 yards of really cute blue animal polar fleece to make my boys a bunch of new blankies and hammocks!

Stanley and Russell are up to their usual antics. Russell still has a few days left on his meds, but he's still sneezy so I'm not sure what the next step will be. The good news is that he hasn't been having major breathing problems lately...keep your fingers crossed for him!

Stanley still gets mad at me when Russell gets his medicine (he thinks it's a treat), so now he's figured out that he can go and lick Russell's face after Russell takes his meds, and he gets little bits of squash and syrup.

How are your little ones doing?!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Max (5/28/00-1/9/12)
Russell (7/22/09-11/27/11)
Stanley (7/22/09-3/15/12)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 145 (permalink) Old 11-11-2010, 06:09 PM
Rat Rescuer and Hospice

My newly neutered, little tilty himi nakie is feeling much much better now that his inner ear infection is being treated Rhesus Monkey Boy loves to run and play

a video

I have a girl here I am treating for a friend, took her to my vet, and am doing the treatment here for now. Her poor ear is completely closed from scar tissue and her ear infection burst through the back of her ear. Its starting to look like there will be surgery in her future.

2 of the RTR boys went home with their adopter last night. Bates and Aiden are going to be so spoiled They came from a terrible BYB situation and they are getting to start the 2nd part of their life...YAY!!

Also, 3 of the younger boys were adopted but won't be leaving until November 26th...so more Yay!

To the world you are only one person, to your rat you are the World
- anonymous -

The Rat Shack

post #3 of 145 (permalink) Old 11-12-2010, 08:32 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Awwwww...that video of Rhesus is so cute!!! I love how he bounces all over--he's so happy!!

Sorry to hear about your girl's ear infection...hopefully she'll make it through surgery and feel better soon. And that's great that your boys got adopted!!! It's so wonderful for these little critters to get a second chance!

Max (5/28/00-1/9/12)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 145 (permalink) Old 11-12-2010, 09:39 PM
Official Loofah Tester

Here's our latest @ Halloween. Tucker and I were playing Pirate. He thinks he's much cuter than any ole parrot:

Hanging out in the Land of New Feetsies:
Melon, Skinner, Black Pete, Zanna, Custard, Tucker, Jeffrey, Zmei, and Windham.
post #5 of 145 (permalink) Old 11-12-2010, 10:05 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Ahhhhh I LOVE those pictures!!!! Tucker is adorable and DEFINITELY better than your typical parrot!!! Did he actually go trick or treating, too?!

Max (5/28/00-1/9/12)

post #6 of 145 (permalink) Old 11-13-2010, 08:04 AM
Rat Rescuer and Hospice

Tucker's gorgeous!!!

To the world you are only one person, to your rat you are the World
- anonymous -

The Rat Shack

post #7 of 145 (permalink) Old 11-13-2010, 02:09 PM
Official Loofah Tester

Lilspaz, I missed that yours was a video! I love that little tilty boy. How adorable is he?

Tucker is or course buffing his nails all suave. He's a shameless little photo herr.

@Breyer: No, he decided the weather was too cool for his refined sensibilities. But he handed out candy with me.

post #8 of 145 (permalink) Old 11-13-2010, 02:32 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Rhesus is sooooo cute
Storuy, tucker is such a squiiiiish! he's so cute! and like twice the size of louna haha Did the children want to pet him or were they more scared when you gave out the candy?
And you look awesome as a pirate
Here I am super busy with school, but only 4 weeks left!
Louna is doing well, even though the other day she somehow choked on the small piece of cheese I gave her and started spitting some white foam... I had to put my fingers in her mouth to get out as many pieces as possible and do the choking rat move to try and help her get it out... I gave her some water and after 10 min she was ok. Poor little thing licked me for 5 minutes after.
These days she really enjoys nesting in her little zebra tent. She takes all the papers from my desk, puts them in there, curls them a bit to make them more voluminous, takes the scrap pieces of felt I have here and there and puts them in, then of course she doesn't fit all in the tent, but she puts her butt in there and then stares at me proudly and bruxes!
post #9 of 145 (permalink) Old 11-13-2010, 07:25 PM
Official Loofah Tester

ROTFL! Oh that's awesome.

See what I dids? bruxbruxbruxbrux

I had some interesting kids at my door. They loved petting the hamster/guinea pig/dog on my shoulder.

post #10 of 145 (permalink) Old 11-14-2010, 09:27 AM
RAT ADDICT

I have not been around here in awhile.

I have 13 ratties now,all my babies.The fosters I had were adopted,except for the two old boys,Steven and Vlad,who both died here.I adopted one of my fosters,Thor.He is one of the sweetest rats ever,very in tune to my emotions and very kissy too.

Whitey is my old girl and after her cagemate died,she would not accept any other rat.She was pretty grumpy with my other girls and I even tried introducing a female foster to her,but she wasn't having it.She was a loner for months,until last month when I was given a little girl named Frostbite.I tried introducing her to Whitey expecting Whitey to just not accept and to my surprise,Whitey totally accepted her.So I am happy to say that Whitey now has a buddy.The only thing is,Whitey is an old girl and Frostbite is young,so I am afraid Whitey may leave Frostbite alone.I think Whitey still has some "oomph" left in her though,she is pretty active still.I only have two other girls besides Whitey and Frostbite and they are Amherst and Summer.

Everyone else is doing really well.I have a couple of pictures.

Till licking me as always.He is a really sweet boy,but a huge bully with the other boys.

Li'l Frostbite.

Banjo (Frostbite's sister).

I have hundreds more pictures,I will post in a new thread a little later when I have more time.I also redone my rat room,so I need to get pictures posted of that too.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #11 of 145 (permalink) Old 11-14-2010, 10:06 AM
Official Loofah Tester

Alright, Till is coming home with me. You're all right with that, aren't you? Sure you are.

post #12 of 145 (permalink) Old 11-14-2010, 10:30 AM
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storyseeker View Post
Alright, Till is coming home with me. You're all right with that, aren't you? Sure you are.
Noooooo...he's my baby.I wouldn't trade him for anything.

* Lisa *

post #13 of 145 (permalink) Old 11-14-2010, 02:54 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

love banjoooo
great pics!
post #14 of 145 (permalink) Old 11-14-2010, 03:01 PM
RAT ADDICT

Thanks.

* Lisa *

post #15 of 145 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010, 02:05 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Well, hello to Breyer, Vanilla, Storyseeker and everyone on the forum! Marc and I have been gone for the past week, on vacation in Arizona, to get away from the cold here in Seattle so I have not been on the forum for a week. I LOVED seeing all the pictures and video of everyone's babies!! Breyer, good idea to start a post on how everyone's kids are doing. Loved seeing the photos of everyone's babies.
Good to be back. And yes, Klausse and Wolfgang visited us in spirit while we were in Arizona. They are around us every day.

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Play Strong and be at Peace

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

You will always be with me, my sweet boys. I will see you at the Bridge.