leaveing rats for a few - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-05-2005, 06:15 PM Thread Starter
Suffers from Title Envy

leaveing rats for a few

i may be going on a trip and be gone for 3 or 4 days. i am thinking my rats will be just fine. i will fill up two bowls of food, and two water bottles if needed. i know they will be lonely, but it would be to dangerous to take them on the trip with me because of the heat. i dont know anyone who would come watch them for me, i am sure they will be fine with no one around for 3 or 4 days, what do you guys think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-05-2005, 06:53 PM
Doomed to be Titleless Forever

I think 3 or 4 days may be pushing it a bit, but I could just be paranoid. Are you sure no one can come once a day just to feed them and make sure they are still fine and not sick? I know none of my friends would actually want to play with the rats and stuff (but I never go on trips anyway ), but they wouldn't mind just feeding them and making sure they are...alive.

Are you sure 2 bowls of food is enough? My 2 boys would have that totally finished off by the end of one night. That's why I'm concerned...while you know how much they eat in a day and you know the feeding "schedule", they will definitely eat what is put in front of them. So though they may only eat, say, a bowl a day normally, if you give them more than that I wouldn't be surprised if they indulged on it. Like I asked before, sure * no one* can come once a day just to feed them?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-05-2005, 09:04 PM Thread Starter
Suffers from Title Envy

oh i have a pretty big bowl. if i go somewhere for the weekend i fill the bowl up and they still have quite a bit of food left from the weekend. i am not worried about the food or water what so ever. the only thing i am worried about is them being lonely. thanks for your concern.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-05-2005, 09:32 PM
Doomed to be Titleless Forever

Oh okay...because we certainly don't want any ratties going hungry!

As long as they have each other, they shouldn't get lonely. When you come back they will probably be really excited to see you, and anxious to get out of the cage, but they will have each other to play with and such so I wouldn't worry too much.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 03:21 PM
I Own an Egg Pooper

I think they will be ok! But I commend you for your concern. It's obvious we all really care about our babies here!

-Tare

"Heaven goes by favour. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in."

Proud mom to Halle (dog), Sugar (cat), Tiffany (beta fish), Mango (molly fish), and Macy, Paris, Tessa, & Ruthie (mice).
RIP Kiska... the greatest...
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 03:25 PM Thread Starter
Suffers from Title Envy

oh yeah im sure we all do. my rats are so spoiled and get out of there cage an hour a day, but they will have to go a while without being let out. i wonder if they will think i am being mean to them
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 04:34 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I had to leave mine for nearly 3 days once as i had no other means and they was perfectly fine although when i got home they ignored me for a day but soon got over it when they saw i came bearing gifts lol! If the cage is secure and they have plenty of food and water than i think they will be ok as they have each other although ideally would be better if someone looked in on them but if thats not possible then i imagine they will be perfectly fine I don't know about them thinking your being mean i bet they will think where have you gone? Wheres our food? Treats? Playtime? I often used to wonder what went on in the mind of my rats!?!?

Kirsty

Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide