Lia March 2009 to Jan. 5/11 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-05-2011, 08:08 PM Thread Starter
Rat Rescuer and Hospice

Lia March 2009 to Jan. 5/11

Her life truly began when a petstore employee using a whisk and dustpan, tries to dump this baby girl into a dumpster as garbage. “Its sick and gonna die anyways…can’t sell it”. A kind woman passing by grabbed the little girl and ran off, while the employee yelled after her to come back, she needed to pay for that! LOL

Unfortunately Lia’s saviour lost her own job, and having to support a 3 year old son, she wasn’t able to afford Lia’s vet bills so that’s where I came in.

Lia was a teeny weeny girl, and always looked like a baby. She had a mucky eye most of her life and was on meds for a good portion of it as well, but it rarely stopped her from living her life on her terms. She was a sweet girl, but also a very dedicated climber/explorer and runner. Her cagemate Frankie was always a few steps behind my little blue dynamo. These 2 girls just adored each other.

I had a single, neutered and very nervous boy from another rescue situation, he was alone for aggression, and I had no one to try him with, until Lia and Frankie came along. Poor Declan he had NO choice over anything again, those girls basically just walked into his life, and took over. He often had the most bemused expression on his face when Lia would be draped over him sleeping. He was their Boy whether he liked it or not.

Lia’s inner ear infection kept returning during all sorts of courses of medications, and recently she was flushed out, the bacteria culured and a sensitivity test done. Another 6 more weeks of meds but this time something else came up or was the original issue. She was put to sleep before she would be in too much pain as her prognosis was very poor and we might be just prolonging any suffering.

Frankie is the one who looks lost and bemused tonight.

The perpetually mucky eye when she arrives

The Family

Teeny tiny baby-faced girl even as an older adult

Sleep in peace my sweet one.

To the world you are only one person, to your rat you are the World
- anonymous -

The Rat Shack

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-05-2011, 08:19 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

rip little one have fun over the rainbow bridge with all your friends . sorry for your lost lilspaz

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-05-2011, 08:21 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Lilspaz,
What a precious and special little girl, so beautiful and sweet. I am so sorry. That last picture of Lia curled up in a hammock just tugged at my heart so much. I wanted to scoop her up and cuddle her.

I can't believe she started out her life in such a cruel fashion, but I will always be grateful for that kind woman for stopping her from being "garbage" (grrrrrrrr) and to you for taking her and giving her such a loving life with her sister and brother. What a beautiful ratty family. Sleep and be at peace little Lia. A truly precious and adorable little girl.

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and Maximus

Play Strong and be at Peace

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

You will always be with me, my sweet boys. I will see you at the Bridge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-05-2011, 09:38 PM
Official Loofah Tester

What a story and a little life. This will be one of my bookmarked stories. You did well Lia.

Hanging out in the Land of New Feetsies:
Melon, Skinner, Black Pete, Zanna, Custard, Tucker, Jeffrey, Zmei, and Windham.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-05-2011, 10:28 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Sorry to hear about Lia, lilspaz. What an amazing story--and what a great life it turned out to be.

Max (5/28/00-1/9/12)
Russell (7/22/09-11/27/11)
Stanley (7/22/09-3/15/12)

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 12:03 AM
Newborn Pup

What a gorgeous girl, she's so lucky to have had you. Lots of until you get to see your girl again.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 08:16 AM
Official Loofah Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odyssey View Post
...until you get to see your girl again.
I just love the image this invokes in my head. Folks like Lilspaz are a special sort of angel themselves. She's changed the lives of so many little guys. When Lilspaz meets her babies again, she's going to have the most amazing rainbow color guard on her way through the pearly gates.

Hanging out in the Land of New Feetsies:
Melon, Skinner, Black Pete, Zanna, Custard, Tucker, Jeffrey, Zmei, and Windham.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 10:27 AM Thread Starter
Rat Rescuer and Hospice

I really really hope so!

These are 2 of my fav poems that give me hope...

The Rescuer's Quilt
http://www.showdog-magazine.com/Poems/poem179.htm

The Rescue Rainbow Bridge Poem
http://www.ilcockerrescue.org/poem-rainbow.htm

To the world you are only one person, to your rat you are the World
- anonymous -

The Rat Shack

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 01:31 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Agreed. It is a sure thing. Imagine the welcoming committee for you, Lilspaz, when you get to the next world...you will have so many adoring ratties to greet you. All of your kids that you ever had.

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Play Strong and be at Peace

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

You will always be with me, my sweet boys. I will see you at the Bridge.