the longest lasting bedding for rats - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-15-2010, 02:51 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

the longest lasting bedding for rats

To stop having to change more than 2 times a week, what is the longest lasting bedding for rats. please list prices also. i currently use eco bedding which they enjoy but get dirty really quickly. thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-15-2010, 06:58 PM
Rat Rescuer and Hospice

Longest? Aspen or Yesterday's News or a knockof of.

For smelly cages I use YN

To the world you are only one person, to your rat you are the World
- anonymous -

The Rat Shack

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-15-2010, 09:02 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

I use Yesterday's News for my boys. Don't buy the small animal brand--buy the kitty litter kind. I get it at the grocery store for less than $6 for a bag and it lasts me maybe two months or more. I always make sure to freeze it for a couple of days before using it, just to make sure they don't get mites.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Max (5/28/00-1/9/12)
Russell (7/22/09-11/27/11)
Stanley (7/22/09-3/15/12)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-16-2010, 01:17 AM
canis lupus familiaris

Cell Sorb by FAR!! I got a 40lb bag for I think $30 online. Usually only sold in feed stores but according to the site, some petsmarts sell it too. Its like YN but waaay better. I have 6 rats and I'm now back to changing a cage weekly.

If you do go with YN, just get it for cats. Its cheaper and the same thing pretty much.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 02:54 PM
Newborn Pup

Just the other day I bought a 30lb bag of "GOOD MEWS" 'cat' litter pellets. But on the back it says that it produces no dust, etc etc.... and is safe for cats, dogs, all reptiles and small mammals. For about $8.

So I think it is an off-brand of Yesterday's News. Just recycled newspaper stuffs.

I hope I made the right and safest choice. *fingers crossed*

It looked like Yesterday's News to me, and the price was good. Still need to figure out how often the cages will need to be cleaned, with this new stuff. But safety was primary concern.