Loss of balance? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 10:30 AM Thread Starter

Loss of balance?

I have a lilac doe mouse in my biggest colony, shes always been healthy and happy, well yesterday when i was cleaning out, i noticed she came out to investigate, only she was sprawled out, i thought at first glance she had lost the use of her legs, but after watching her a bit longer it seems she lost her balance, she walks very warily like shes holding on for dear life, and her head is majorly lop sided.

Shes still extremely active and had no problems coming out to be nosey and wondering around with the others.

What has happened? has she had a stroke in the night resulting in brain damage?? (i've had guinea-pigs suffer this)

Or is there a genetic condition that causes this?

I am worried now as she has been a breeder and produce a fair amount of litters, if its genetic i don't think i can remember everyone i sold young too :S

I will probably have to cull her anyway, as i don't think its fair, its not just a bit wobbly, shes actually hugging the ground and her heads on sideways shame, shes so beautiful too...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 11:09 AM
I am allergic to maths

Awww, she could have had a stroke, I thought maybe an ear infection? Im sorry to hear about that, I hope its not genetic, best of luck, hope she gets better soon
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 02:17 PM

The first little moust that I had, Mr Jingles, had a stroke he did the same thing only he walked in circles on one side and hes head looked lop sided

Tags
balance, mouse, wonky