Louna Updates - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-14-2011, 01:14 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Louna Updates

I hope everyone had lovely holidays!!
Louna is doing good, she is still sneezing but it is a lot less often and less wet also when it happens. She's had her ABs extended a bit so she has a few more days with them.
The tumor is now about twice the size than the day I first noticed it (over a month ago now). It didn't grow any thicker but spread on one side, so it's like a sort of elongated pancake, it's pretty thin and still pretty hard.
I've noticed however that she is slowing down a bit. She's a bit more sleepy, more kissy and wants more cuddles. She's eating as usual with a big big appetite, so I just think it's her getting older. She's now 19 months old, I don't know if that's when it starts, but it seems to have started for her.
I am working a bit more this next semester, and I still hope to put enough money on the side to consider the surgery to get the tumor removed. For now it does not bother her, I press on it and pinch it and she doesn't say anything so I know it isn't painful (miss louna drama queen would definitely squeek if it hurt even a little! haha)
So she's enjoying the life of a very very spoiled ratty these days. She gets lots of fresh fruits and veggies and some fresh protein each day.
She bruxes a lot, so I think she's happy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-14-2011, 10:12 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Yeah, slowing down is definitely part of the aging process. My boys are still pretty active at almost 18 months, but they are definitely sleeping more throughout the day and also like to be petted more than they used to.

It's good to hear that the tumor doesn't seem to be bothering her. I'm not surprised it has grown, though. It's good that you're able to save money for a possible surgery if needed.

Give Louna some kisses from me and my two boys!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Max (5/28/00-1/9/12)
Russell (7/22/09-11/27/11)
Stanley (7/22/09-3/15/12)

post #3 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-14-2011, 10:51 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

just had her in my shirt for 30 minutes bruxing and boggling, just happy to be pet. She loves head scritches.
Sending her those kisses now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-23-2011, 07:00 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Sorry for no news in a while.
Went to the vet, Louna has 3 tumors in all... Considering my financial status and the risk of her getting even more after a potential surgery, the vet and I talked a long time about all the options and it is most likely not worth it to get them removed. They are all tiny for now, and growing slowly... hopefully my little girl will pull through as long as possible.
It breaks my heart to already know I will be the one to decide when it is best for her to go so she doesn't suffer. Natural death is so much easier to accept...
post #5 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-23-2011, 07:20 PM
laugh often

That is true. I am sorry for the bad news. At least she still has happy memories to build.

When I'm down my pets turns my frown upside down

2 Dogs: Harley and Diesel
2 rabbits: Mystic and Thumper
1 Cat- Luna
post #6 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-23-2011, 09:52 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Oh, Dustette, I'm so sad to hear about Louna's tumors. As long as they are slow-growing and they don't cause her discomfort (and especially combined with her great spirit!), she could still be around for quite some time, yet!! I'll be sending good vibes your way, though. Please keep up posted on how she's doing.

Max (5/28/00-1/9/12)

post #7 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 03:20 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Thanks for the support.
Louna's doing good, her spirit is still high! She's not scared of anything anymore and has stopped eating the hair off her arms. Usually I put her on top of her cage while I take out everything to clean... this time she just jumped right to the floor with no hesitation! She has never done that before... She is more adventurous in the cage too and goes inside her cube through the most treacherous paths... like jumping from the shelf to the rope and half falling instead of steadily climbing the bars to the rope... crazy little lady!
I find that her fur gets dirty really fast now. I would wash her once a month and she didn't even seem dirty except for the tail, now her hair has loft its oomph and seems greasier I would say... could that be a hormonal change? It has less volume... could be static electricity? my hair is crazy static these days!
A few photos of the lady herself!

I am in my tent, do not disturb please!

Washing break while running around the bathroom

really? I have to get in there? (Louna hates baths...)

soy nuts to get over the trauma of being dried with a towel
look at her doing the stanley hands!!!!
post #8 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 03:39 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Louna: Russell Look-Alike!

Dustette,
LOVED the pictures! Your girl is so beautiful! And she looks just like Russell! Same fur and blaze across the forehead, wow! Yet, she does the Stanley hand posing too, so there ya go! Give her my love please. Louna is very lucky to have you as a mommy.

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Play Strong and be at Peace

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

You will always be with me, my sweet boys. I will see you at the Bridge.
post #9 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 03:44 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Thanks Vlad!
Since I don't know her exact birthday but know that she was born early June, I always say her birthday is the 1st.
Louna is 3 days away from her 20th month! I am planning to spoil her on sunday since Monday is my busiest day and I won't be able to celebrate properly!
post #10 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 03:44 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

so I will try to remember to take loads of pictures!
post #11 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 03:52 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Ha! You took the words right out of my mouth..I was just getting ready to say, "take pictures of Louna's birthday festivities!" so cool, looking forward to the photos!

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Play Strong and be at Peace

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

You will always be with me, my sweet boys. I will see you at the Bridge.
post #12 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 03:54 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladina View Post
Dustette,
LOVED the pictures! Your girl is so beautiful! And she looks just like Russell! Same fur and blaze across the forehead, wow! Yet, she does the Stanley hand posing too, so there ya go! Give her my love please. Louna is very lucky to have you as a mommy.
Oh my gosh, I was thinking the exact same thing--she looks like a clone of Russell!!!! (Especially in the photos with a good view of her back!) She is such a sweetheart, and I just adore the hand posing, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustette View Post
Thanks Vlad!
Since I don't know her exact birthday but know that she was born early June, I always say her birthday is the 1st.
Louna is 3 days away from her 20th month! I am planning to spoil her on sunday since Monday is my busiest day and I won't be able to celebrate properly!
Happy early 20-month birthday, Louna!!!!!!! I hope she has a lot of fun being spoiled rotten!!!!!! Kisses and treats to her from myself and my boys.

Max (5/28/00-1/9/12)

post #13 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

I plan on giving her a hard boiled egg rather than cake. She is obsessed with eggs!
You know what I love? When I take her in my hands to be able to kiss her properly and she wants to wiggle out and realizes she can't, she starts to lick me frantically like being nice to me will make me put her back down faster, haha it's too cute
post #14 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

And I love Russell so I'm glad Louna is the girly version of your sweetie
post #15 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-29-2011, 10:46 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Oooh, hard boiled egg is such a treat!! That reminds me that I haven't made any for my boys in a while...I might have to do that this week sometime... Well, happy early birthday to Louna! I hope she loves all the attention and treats tomorrow!!!

Max (5/28/00-1/9/12)

Tags
louna