Male or female? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-21-2006, 01:48 AM Thread Starter
Still Waiting

Male or female?

Hello all! I am about to adopt some more ratties soon!! I have a questino though. All I have had and have now are female ratties, but I was wondering, which do you prefer? Male or female? Most of the ratties that this lady has are male and the ones I want are male but cacn you tell a difference in the two? I have heard yes and no and I have never owned a male before so I do not know. Thank you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rest in peace my sweet babies; Sweetie and Butterz.
You will forever be missed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-21-2006, 02:52 AM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

It all depends on the personality of the rat. I've never had females but I've heard that they are more active then the males are. I have 3 males, and 2 are very active during freerange time, but the one usually curls up into a ball and falls asleep

*Missy*
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-21-2006, 10:25 AM

From my experience (which isn't a whole lot, but I figured I'd offer it anyway) the females are much more active, wanting to be everywhere and get into everything whereas the males are more likely to sniff araound for a little while and then settle down on your lap or shoulder.

As Pinkie said, it also depends on the personality, there are rats that are completely opposite from the norm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-21-2006, 02:31 PM
私は靖巣あなたを愛してI ♥ Yasuki

I would say a male as they tend to be more calm and like to lie there and you can take them around with you and they are more calm!! I love females also but they have more energy and I would say a male first!!

And personality is key too, I have 4 females temporarily and they are a bit calm but not as calm as my males. They like attention but prefer to be doing other things!!

So it is up to you, would you rather a male who will be more calm and you can carry with you, or a female where they are balls of energy!!

// k a t ((d)) 猫ちゃん ☆~(ゝ。∂)
私は武井靖巣あなたをして

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-21-2006, 02:43 PM

I don't think you'd be disappointed either way.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 12:31 AM
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennawing
I agree!Both sexes make wonderful pets and none are better then other for beginners.

I personally prefer boys.I love how they are more cuddly and affectionate.They just love to sit with you and cuddle.I have 14 boys and they have awesome personalities!

I have 7 girls and they are also wonderful,but are more active and rather play and explore then cuddle with me.Of course they like my attention,but they rather run about then be still for long periods of time!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 03:14 AM
私は靖巣あなたを愛してI ♥ Yasuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennawing
YUP, I whole heartedly agree with you on that. Only disappointment is they only live 2-4 years, more commonly 3 but I had a male that almost made it to 4 years old. He was a couple of mths away from turning 4.

// k a t ((d)) 猫ちゃん ☆~(ゝ。∂)
私は武井靖巣あなたをして

Tags
female rat, male rat, wonderful pets