Mallo and Spree –Aug. 16/08 – Aug. 24/10 :’( :’( - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-24-2010, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
Rat Rescuer and Hospice

Mallo and Spree –Aug. 16/08 – Aug. 24/10 :’( :’(

My Sugah’s are leaving me one after the other and its breaking my heart. First was Aero, and then Wispa, and now my once-fearful, now loving Mallo and my little ham Spree. I had to make The Decision for them since they both had tumours that were just too much. They were still very happy, lugging those things around with them, which made it very hard to make this decision, but a week too early is better than a day too late no matter how hard it is on the Human family member.
Their teeny tiny momma Sweetie was starved, small and malnourished during her pregnancy, which sadly created the propensity for my Sugarbabies to be chubby little rats in adulthood.

Mallo was my biggest girl and Spree was my smallest PEW.
Mallo

Spree

Spree was always the ham of the family, her entire life LOL

Wispa (RIP), Mallo, Pocky and Spree

Mallo went through a fearful phase

Pulling the “door” closed.

She was terrified of the other rats and if someone even bumped her she would cry. I would cover her body with my hands and rub her head and ears until she calmed donw and sometimes I would lie on my side and tuck her into my shirt and she would lie there frozen. At first I was just as terrifying as everyone else but eventually when she was scared she would run to me instead to save her. She became the most loving little lady.
My Sugahbabies

Mallo

Spree likes her new bunkbed from The Jenn.

They leave behind Pez who has PT and will be joining them soon, and relatively healthy and still chubby Pocky who luckily was spayed when she got a tumor at 6 months of age. They are rejoining their wonderful mom Sweetie, their uncles, and their sisters Aero and Wispa.

Be well my lovely little babybeans. They made me laugh, they were such happy funny little rats. Their bright eyes and little arms waving while attached to the medicating syringe...I could probably have lifted them up by that syringe. LOL

My heart is aching without you here.

To the world you are only one person, to your rat you are the World
- anonymous -

The Rat Shack

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-24-2010, 11:06 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Oh Lilspaz, I am SO sorry and very sad. I loved reading about your wee Sugahbabies and their absolutely adorable baby pictures. I feel for you so much and I know exactly how it feels to love your babies so much it hurts. I have not yet had the experience of losing a rat, as Klausse and Wolfgang are my first two ratties I have ever had but I cannot imagine how it will feel when they pass on to their next life. It just kills me to think of it because my husband and I just love them so much and they are our universe, every day. So, at least I can relate to how much you loved your beautiful girls and Spree and Malo were just so sweet. I know they are playing together right now in Ratty Nirvana, with lots of fun things to do. Happy for them, not so much for you. My condolences and my thoughts are with you. You gave them such a happy loving life, so feel good about that.

Vlad
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-24-2010, 12:14 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

I am so so sorry for you to be losing such wonderful little ladies
You inspire me by taking in and caring for so many rats.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-24-2010, 02:01 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I am so sorry lilspaz. I know it never gets easier. It can be an especially hard time when everyone starts to reach a certain age and have problems all at once. I wish we could find more effective ways to combat the common problems like myco and tumors that our kids have so that we could keep them with us longer. As always painfully short lives are the only drawbacks to these amazing creatures.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-24-2010, 08:36 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

So sorry for this loss. They were absolutely beautiful, as was their life with you.

Max (5/28/00-1/9/12)
Russell (7/22/09-11/27/11)
Stanley (7/22/09-3/15/12)

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-24-2010, 09:47 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

so sorry for your loss!
they are so cute on those pictures! so lucky you got to document their whole life
a big hug for you to help you get on and keep helping all those ratties!