Martins Cages - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-18-2006, 10:04 PM Thread Starter
Still Waiting

Martins Cages

Have any of you ever heard of Martins Cages? It is a web site on the internet that sales cages for rats, mice, ferrets, hamsters, cats, dogs, hedgies, etc. I have talked to a few people that have them and have been recently looking at them. I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of that site or has one. Here is the site if you want to check it out

www.martinscages.com

The cages seem to be at a decent price and I have heard good things about them.

I was thinking about getting the The Rat Tower (R-690) for my ratties.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rest in peace my sweet babies; Sweetie and Butterz.
You will forever be missed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 03:53 AM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

I'm actually ordering a martins next week. I'm getting the R-695 for my ratties. I have 3 and that cage holds 5 so I figured it would be best. I was going to get the RUUD but I told myself I don't want anymore then 3 rats. Maybe 4 if I feel the need to rescue.

How many rats do you have? the 690 is good for 3 rats. I have heard nothing but good things about martins. Make sure you get the cage powder coated so it doesn't start to smell and rust if and when your rats pee on it.

I will PM you a page that compares the sizes of the martins.

*Missy*
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 09:01 AM

I have the Rat Tower for my ratties! I recieved the cage super fast even though I live in the middle of nowhere in Newfoundland I put it together super fast by myself. I'll need more cages later on though because wants lots of ratties!! Actually I have 4 rats at my friend Lisa's I have to pick up & possibly 4 more...can you tell i'm addicted to rats? I live outside the USA & never had to pay customs either.I would never buy cages anywhere else.Martin's is the best!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 10:34 AM

I have a martins R-690 and my boys absolutely love it.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkie1205
I'm actually ordering a martins next week. I'm getting the R-695 for my ratties. I have 3 and that cage holds 5 so I figured it would be best. I was going to get the RUUD but I told myself I don't want anymore then 3 rats. Maybe 4 if I feel the need to rescue.

How many rats do you have? the 690 is good for 3 rats. I have heard nothing but good things about martins. Make sure you get the cage powder coated so it doesn't start to smell and rust if and when your rats pee on it.

I will PM you a page that compares the sizes of the martins.
3 males or 3 females? Males are a bit bigger...I have 2 female rats & my intention was putting my other 2 that i'm getting soon in with them if they got along. As i mentioned I have the 690.Could you possibly PM me that page too...is that where you find out how many rats can be housed per cage..?
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 04:30 PM

I have two R690s for my girls, I have them connected with some ferret tubes (took quite a bit of work). I absolutely love Martin's and I don't think I'll be buying from anywhere else any time soon.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nara
I have two R690s for my girls, I have them connected with some ferret tubes (took quite a bit of work). I absolutely love Martin's and I don't think I'll be buying from anywhere else any time soon.
Thats a neat idea Do you have any pictures of your setup? I would like to see it
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006, 05:44 AM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

I have 3 males. the 695 houses 5 so that would be okay for me.

I'll PM you the page too.

*Missy*
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006, 10:40 AM

I bought a Martins Chinchilla mansion a while back. It worked well for two chins but I couldn't put a wheel in because the entire cage would shake. (Mind you, it was a chinspin and those are heavy wheels). And their poops went everywhere cuz it had a wire bottom (slide-out tray).. otherwise it was a good cage. I sold it when I upgraded to 4 chins =)
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006, 12:38 PM

No, I don't have any pics, sorry, we don't have a working camera at the moment so I don't know if I'd be able to get any...
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkie1205
I have 3 males. the 695 houses 5 so that would be okay for me.

I'll PM you the page too.
Thank you, the link is very helpful I'll be buying a bigger cage I need to anyway,I'm getting quite a few more rats
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nara
No, I don't have any pics, sorry, we don't have a working camera at the moment so I don't know if I'd be able to get any...
Awws ok, well it sounds awesome anyway
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 05:47 PM
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyraver
Actually I have 4 rats at my friend Lisa's I have to pick up & possibly 4 more...
Better come get them soon,or I shall keep them! Kidding...but you should come get them soon,as they seem to be bonding with me now and it will be hard on them to go to a new home!

I ordered a MC and it should be here any day now!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 03:29 PM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

Lisa did you get your martins? If my bank account isn't messed up I'm getting a RUUD. I wanted the smaller cage, but I had a wierd discussion with my boyfriend and he brought up a good point...

If you're planning on spending a lot of money on something, you might as well get the biggest one you can possibly afford so you know you won't have to buy one later...(like TVs..haha) so now I'm getting the RUUD...hey it's only $100 more...but atleast he's paying half of it so I shouldn't be drained...I can't even pay for a RUUD with one paycheck so that helps.

Also to those who have a martins (or wire cage for that matter) do you cover the floors? I know this is a debate on other forums so I was just curious.

*Missy*
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 04:42 PM

Missy, I don't cover the floors on mine and I havn't had any issues with it so far. But if it makes you feel better, then by all means, cover your floors.

Tags
female rat, female rats, litter train, litter trained, male rat, male rats, rat cage, wire cage