Mavis finally passed away - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-22-2004, 11:22 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Mavis finally passed away

Been off the board a while. Just to let you know that Mavis (my old girl) passed away last Sunday.very peacefully. It had been coming for quite a while now. She had gotten to where you had to hand feed her for the past two months, and what seems like failing eye sight. I miss her dearly but now she is with her sister Beulah with the rose bushes.
The rest of my gang (all 11) are doing great. Target, Fred and Barney are huge!! Sarge and Charlie snugglers. They went to NC for two weeks with my neice and her son, (made me sad) but came back home (made me Really happy) when they realized that rats take a lot of attention like dogs do. Dukie still acts like his clock is wound too tight, races everywhere. Marie is still the smallest and chattiest. Basil and Bets are the shy ones, Louise the jealous one will nip at you if she feels like she isn't getting your full attention, and finally Ollie my silly girl who likes to jump and climb up your leg if you get close enough.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-22-2004, 12:17 PM
Adolescent Pup

I'm so sorry Mavis had to leave you. :*( It's so hard with these little guys as we get so attached...but it's worth it all.

Christy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-22-2004, 01:13 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Boy you aren't just kidding there. When Beulah died after having a tumor removed I cried for two days. Mavis was a little easier since I knew it was coming. But she didn't suffer, since I attended to all her needs and made sure she was in no pain in anyway.
I had stayed up with her into the wee morning hours that night and after I fell asleep on the couch next to her cage, she had come out and laid on the stand next to the couch and died. I guess she wanted to be sure she was next to me and not alone. Makes me tear up thinking about it. But I have good memories and photos, wouldn't of traded the time with them for anything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-22-2004, 03:35 PM
Adolescent Pup

i'm sorry to hear about your loss very hard to loose them we lost one in april